The team at Coalition is made up of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well insurance industry veterans. Our secret sauce is bringing this expertise together to create a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Coalition is also backed by leading global insurers like Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich North America. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtech serving over 160,000 customers.
In June 2022, Coalition closed an additional $250 million in Series F Funding to accelerate its rapid growth at a time when many other companies struggled to find funding. This latest funding validated that Coalition is building a long-term business that can deliver profitable growth with a clear strategic advantage.
Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by helping organizations of all sizes solve real-world problems and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2021 and one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies for 2022.
About The Role
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Remote) who has the experience and ability to instrument and monitor the breadth of our full platform stack (hosts, applications, and performance). In this role you will work closely with our engineering and information security teams to enhance the automated system provisioning and deployment subsystems within codified infrastructure. You will work with developers to create more scalable services and help us build self service paved roads to simplify writing services and provisioning infrastructure. You will help to isolate, trap, and respond from the inevitability of system failure and develop strategies for continuous monitoring and analysis to reduce both downtime and required manual intervention. You will participate in On-Call rotation to maintain platform SLAs.
Our core platform is written mostly in Python with some services in Java and Go. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and decouple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for someone who can navigate a cloud environment (AWS) with many moving pieces and systems to help the team understand how they fit into the broader puzzle. If you are a software engineer looking to move into SRE this may be for you.
- 5+ years of experience in SRE/DevOps/Cloud engineering or Software Development roles in a full stack engineering environment
- Must have experience with a customer facing production environment using containerization and orchestration tools such as ECS, Kubernetes, or Swarm
- Solid development experience in Go or Python, writing production grade shared libraries and tooling
- Experience working with fault tolerance services and the iterative development of highly-available systems
- Experience with running a production environment in one or more Infrastructure as a Service cloud providers (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
- Prior experience with full-stack monitoring from system level metrics to SLOs, failure-based testing approaches, and monitoring strategies
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines to accelerate deployments and improve both security and auditability (e.g. Github Actions, Jenkins, Travis, or CircleCI)
- Experience soliciting systems requirements, designing, and implementing new platform components leveraging infrastructure or SaaS services
- Some knowledge of software engineering design patterns, agile development, and architecture principles
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Mentor junior engineers in SRE best practices and software engineering
- Experience working in an agile methodology development lifecycle
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with converting monolithic applications to microservices and service discovery technology
- Experience automating system provisioning, configuration, and Infrastructure as Code (Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible, etc)
- Exposure to systems security requirements, information assurance techniques, and system hardening
- Exposure to Kafka, AMQP, Kinesis, job queue and other pub/sub queuing systems
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Coalition’s individual pay is determined on several factors, including but not limited to, location, level, skills and experience. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $145,000-$240,000, and your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process.
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses
For CA residents, please view important privacy information here. For EU residents, you can view GDPR information here. For any questions regarding CCPA or GDPR, please contact us at email@example.com.