Clutch is a Canadian technology company that is reinventing the way people buy and own cars. With Operations in Ontario, Nova Scotia and British Columbia, our mission is to build customer trust by providing a delightful car buying and ownership experience while making a positive impact on the communities in which we operate. Clutch is backed by a number of world-class investors including Canaan, BrandProject, Real Ventures, Upper90, FJ Labs, Global Founders Capital and Azure Capital Partners.
We pride ourselves on being a technology-first company and believe we can fundamentally change the way people buy and own cars. We were tired of traditional dealerships that take advantage of customers and wanted to build something better. We offer high-quality certified vehicles at great prices through a fully online customer experience. We invite customers to browse our inventory online, buy the car that’s right for them, and enjoy effortless at-home delivery.
- Work as part of a team or individually to design, implement and deliver full stack software solutions to meet our product teams feature requests
- Deliver clean, readable and well tested code with a high degree of reliability
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Lead architecture and design discussions
- Strong sense of ownership with a sense of urgency
- Share your expertise with the wider engineering team through peer review.
- 3+ years relevant industry experience developing software solutions
- Strong understanding of Front-End and/or Backend frameworks such as (React/Vue, Express/Flask)
- Strong knowledge of Relational or NoSql Databases (We use Postgres with Sequelize) and designing scalable structures.
- An ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Experience working with and getting familiar with an existing codebase
- Experience with continuous delivery and automated testing`
- A continuous drive to improve quality and processes