Clutch is a Canadian technology company that is reinventing the way people buy and own cars. With Operations in Ontario, Nova Scotia and British Columbia, our mission is to build customer trust by providing a delightful car buying and ownership experience while making a positive impact on the communities in which we operate. Clutch is backed by a number of world-class investors including Canaan, BrandProject, Real Ventures, Upper90, FJ Labs, Global Founders Capital and Azure Capital Partners.
We pride ourselves on being a technology-first company and believe we can fundamentally change the way people buy and own cars. We were tired of traditional dealerships that take advantage of customers and wanted to build something better. We offer high-quality certified vehicles at great prices through a fully online customer experience. We invite customers to browse our inventory online, buy the car that’s right for them, and enjoy effortless at-home delivery.
We have a deep passion for building and bringing teams together. We value individuality, diversity of thought and embrace a problem-solving culture.
As Clutch continues to scale, we’re looking to bring on an Operations Supervisor as a critical member of our team. Working within the Vehicles Operations Group, the Operations Supervisor will lead a team of onboarding analysts that are responsible for fulfilling all of the day-to-day tasks of our vehicle reconditioning process. These tasks would include arrival and delivery inspections, feature and specification uploading, as well as vehicle photography and shuttling. As an Operations Supervisor you will be responsible for everything that goes into making a Clutch car what it is.
Being highly organized, having strong communication skills, and excellent attention to detail are all necessities due to the high volume of vehicles that are bought and sold week to week!
What you’ll do:
- Build the weekly production plan with assistance from our Head of Onboarding
- Lead and motivate a team of vehicle analysts
- Ensure plans for repairs are executed and that all issues are communicated and tracked
- Drive a positive customer experience through low error rates on post delivery issues for exterior damage, interior damage, on time delivery and mechanical issues
- Work with the team to keep vehicle information up-to-date (communication is key)
- Continuously work with the team on process improvement initiatives
- Tech-savvy: you’re comfortable in spreadsheets on Excel or G-Sheets
- An interest in the automotive industry and feel comfortable troubleshooting basic vehicle issues
- People leadership experience or mentorship - you’re a team player above all else
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a get-it-done, bias-towards-action attitude
- High attention to detail while being able to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License (Clean Driver’s Abstract)
- Post-Secondary Education
Nice to have:
- Previous automotive experience
- Interest/experience with photography
- Experience with partner sites (AutoTrader, Kijiji, etc.)
- Comfortable driving manual transmission
Why You’ll Love it here!
- Autonomy - You have the freedom to create your own path
- Competitive Salary and Equity Incentives!
- Learning Budget -- for whatever YOU want to learn
- Health & Dental Benefits