Clutch is a Canadian technology company that is reinventing the way people buy and own cars. With Operations in Ontario, Nova Scotia and British Columbia, our mission is to build customer trust by providing a delightful car buying and ownership experience while making a positive impact on the communities in which we operate. Clutch is backed by a number of world-class investors including Canaan, BrandProject, Real Ventures, Upper90, FJ Labs, Global Founders Capital and Azure Capital Partners.
We pride ourselves on being a technology-first company and believe we can fundamentally change the way people buy and own cars. We were tired of traditional dealerships that take advantage of customers and wanted to build something better. We offer high-quality certified vehicles at great prices through a fully online customer experience. We invite customers to browse our inventory online, buy the car that’s right for them, and enjoy effortless at-home delivery.
We have a deep passion for building and bringing teams together. We value individuality, diversity of thought and embrace a problem-solving culture.
About the role:
Clutch is looking for a Strategy and Operations Manager! You have an entrepreneurial / get-it-done attitude, a high level of attention to detail, and a focused and motivated mentality. You thrive in ambiguous situations, and can solve complex problems by using quantitative, analytics-based thinking, qualitative considerations, and creativity. Working alongside a Senior Strategy & Operations Manager and the leadership team, you will develop and execute business strategies, such as how we scale and streamline operational processes, expand into new markets, and maximize business performance.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct financial and operational analyses and deliver strategic recommendations to management to drive business decisions
- Plan and execute cross-functional projects of varying time horizons and scope with minimal guidance, requiring excellent stakeholder and project management skills
- Gather and evaluate economic, demographic and other market data to identify and prioritize key markets
- Create presentations and overviews summarizing key operations insights and decisions to gather consensus among management stakeholders and inform investors
- Be a key player in new market launches - everything from scouting out new locations, negotiating with and educating municipal leaders, setting up operations infrastructure, to hiring the ops team and making sure best practices are instilled in every location we are in
- Work with a variety of central teams (Marketing, Product, Sales, Finance) to ensure that operational insights are embedded into all initiatives
We’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, or operations at a high-growth start-up
- Ability to quickly and succinctly prepare business cases with quantitative and qualitative support to enable management decision making
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills; experience managing & influencing senior stakeholders and collaborating cross-functionally
- Proficiency with creating documents that convey new strategic process flows and quantified desired outcomes with relevant metrics
- Passion for leadership, teamwork and growing careers
- Quantitative by nature and obsessed with process improvement
- Data-first problem solver with sound business judgement and demonstrated operational excellence
- History of cross-functional collaboration and leading projects that deliver results via people that you do not directly manage
- Ideally, you have interest or experience in the automotive industry
It’d be great if you have:
- SQL skills with experience pulling and analyzing data
Why you’ll love it at Clutch:
- Autonomy & Ownership -- create your own path, and own your work
- Competitive Compensation and Equity Incentives!
- Generous Time Off Program
- Learning Budget -- for whatever YOU want to learn
- Health & Dental Benefits