Clutch is a Canadian technology company that is reinventing the way people buy and own cars. With Operations in Ontario, Nova Scotia and British Columbia, our mission is to build customer trust by providing a delightful car buying and ownership experience while making a positive impact on the communities in which we operate. Clutch is backed by a number of world-class investors including Canaan, BrandProject, Real Ventures, Upper90, FJ Labs, Global Founders Capital and Azure Capital Partners.
We pride ourselves on being a technology-first company and believe we can fundamentally change the way people buy and own cars. We were tired of traditional dealerships that take advantage of customers and wanted to build something better. We offer high-quality certified vehicles at great prices through a fully online customer experience. We invite customers to browse our inventory online, buy the car that’s right for them, and enjoy effortless at-home delivery.
We have a deep passion for building and bringing teams together. We value individuality, diversity of thought and embrace a problem-solving culture.
Clutch is looking for Software Engineers to join our growing team and deliver compelling user-facing products! If you're looking for a high growth team, where you can make a huge impact, keep reading!
What you’ll do
- Collaborate, work closely with our design and product teams to help bring beautiful, usable and scalable features to life
- Hypothesize, plan, architect, implement, run, and review experiments to iterate on features
- Openly collaborate with your team to solve problems and learn from failures
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Write automated tests as part of your development workflow
- Provide highly effective code reviews and peer support
All About You
- 1-3 years of technical experience working in a product-driven environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant experience
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code
- You’re excited about delivering end-to-end experiences and are knowledgeable about software architecture across the backend (Node.js, Express, Sequelize), front-end (React, Contexts, Hooks, Styled components) and the APIs / services that bring it all together
- You have a strong fundamental understanding of data structures and algorithms
- You are comfortable working independently and reaching out across organizational boundaries to aid in problem solving
- You are invested in the user experience and know how to build user-friendly web applications
- You have experience with continuous delivery and automated testing
Nice to have
- Experience developing and maintaining a continuous integration system or build and release pipeline
- Ability to pick up new software, frameworks and APIs quickly
- Experience with mobile development is an advantage
- A burning desire to build an insanely great product and make an impact
Why You’ll Love it here!
- Autonomy - You have the freedom to create your own path
- Competitive Salary and Equity Incentives!
- Generous Time Off Program
- Learning Budget -- for whatever YOU want to learn
- Health & Dental Benefits