Clutch is a Canadian technology company that is reinventing the way people buy and own cars. With Operations in Ontario, Nova Scotia and British Columbia, our mission is to build customer trust by providing a delightful car buying and ownership experience while making a positive impact on the communities in which we operate. Clutch is backed by a number of world-class investors including Canaan, BrandProject, Real Ventures, Upper90, FJ Labs, Global Founders Capital and Azure Capital Partners.
We pride ourselves on being a technology-first company and believe we can fundamentally change the way people buy and own cars. We were tired of traditional dealerships that take advantage of customers and wanted to build something better. We offer high-quality certified vehicles at great prices through a fully online customer experience. We invite customers to browse our inventory online, buy the car that’s right for them, and enjoy effortless at-home delivery.
We have a deep passion for building and bringing teams together. We value individuality, diversity of thought and embrace a problem-solving culture.
Clutch is looking for a Manager, Marketplace Supply & Predictive Analytics to collaborate with the Director, Marketplace Supply to structure and executive on high-priority projects with long-term impact for our Inventory group. You will take action to more effectively buy, recondition, price and sell vehicles on Clutch.ca.
What You’ll Do
The multistep journey of an ordinary vehicle becoming a certified Clutch car starts with Clutch's Inventory Strategy team. Being an online marketplace for selling and buying cars, Clutch’s inventory is constantly turning over as cars move through our platform. The inventory strategy team is responsible for growing inventory levels while maintaining a diverse inventory mix that meets local market demands across the country.
- Drive cross-functional project teams (including operations, product, engineering, data science, and logistics) on end-to-end priority projects, clearly structuring business opportunities, pulling insights from data, and enabling buy-in and action
- Work with the Inventory team leadership to set long-term visions that help us scale effectively. Co-create prioritized action plans for achieving those visions, confirming that we’re doing the right work at the right pace to deliver for the long-term
Skills You'll Bring to the Table
- Problem-solving: Bring clarity and structure to business opportunities and make things happen, defining action plans that prioritize key activities to deliver the maximum value for the business
- Bias towards action: Use sound business judgment to derive insights from data, quickly test hypotheses, and move the needle on our most critical projects. Identify the trends that emerge: know when to double down and when to try something new.
- Team leadership: Experience leading cross-functional teams towards clear outcomes, managing ambiguity, and enabling buy-in and forward progress
- Comfort with ambiguity: You’re excited that something hasn’t been done before, and are ready to build new business processes and tools from the ground up
- Analytics skills: Assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions and iterate given insights from data, not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dig into the details to pull out the real insights and make daily adjustments
- Clear communication style: Excellent communication skills with the ability to succinctly, confidently, and articulately defend and challenge positions in verbal and written communications
All About You
- B.A. in Business, Engineering, Economics, or similar field
- 2+ years of experience working in a consulting, banking, or high-growth startup environment
- Comfort with Analytical systems to support data-based decision making. SQL experience a bonus
- Business Development or Strategic Partnerships experience
Why You’ll Love it here!
- Autonomy - You have the freedom to create your own path
- Competitive Salary and Equity Incentives!
- Generous Time Off Program
- Learning Budget -- for whatever YOU want to learn
- Health & Dental Benefits