Clutch is a Canadian technology company that is reinventing the way people buy and own cars. With Operations in Ontario, Nova Scotia and British Columbia, our mission is to build customer trust by providing a delightful car buying and ownership experience while making a positive impact on the communities in which we operate. Clutch is backed by a number of world-class investors including BrandProject, Azure Capital Partners, FJ Labs and Global Founders Capital.
We pride ourselves on being a technology-first company and believe we can fundamentally change the way people buy and own cars. We were tired of traditional dealerships that take advantage of customers and wanted to build something better. We offer high-quality certified vehicles at great prices through a fully online customer experience. We invite customers to browse our inventory online, buy the car that’s right for them, and enjoy effortless at-home delivery.
We have a deep passion for building and bringing teams together. We value individuality, diversity of thought and embrace a problem-solving culture.
The Director of Sales is responsible for leading all of our national sales efforts and teams including our Business Development Coordinators, Customer Advisors, and Field Specialists. As part of our recent funding, we’re looking to supercharge our growth and rapidly increase the size of our sales team. As part of this process, we need a tenured sales leader that can both set the vision but also roll up their sleeves and hire a team, build out processes, and create a winning culture. This role is a unique opportunity to have a seat at the table and work closely with our CEO and COO to set the strategic roadmap for the next stage of the business.
What You’ll Do
- Be the strategic partner and Sales (Customer Advisors, BDCs and Field Specialists) “go to” for CXOs and GMs
- Lead the Sales component for our national launch (Vancouver, Calgary, etc.) and go-to-market strategy (centralization vs. decentralization, team structure, etc.)
- Motivate the team, create a shared vision, and build a strong sales and service oriented culture that goes above and beyond for our customers
- Develop and monitor metrics to measure performance and quotDireas including executing on PIPs
- Forecast monthly sales and work with Marketing and GMs to create plans to hit target if there is a gap
- Collaborate with Marketing, GMs, and CXOs to align on and communicate monthly Sales targets for variable compensation
- Work with Marketing, GMs, and HR to determine headcount needs, source candidates, and run the full cycle hiring and onboarding process (interviews, offers, new hire training, etc.)
- Create formal on-going training programs to upskill Sales
- Provide one on one mentoring and coaching for Sales ICs and Managers, developing their tactical sales and customer service skills
- Understand and champion the team’s continued professional development and career progression
- Act as a support resource to Sales for tougher dealers or when they are “stuck”
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of competitive landscape
- Work with Marketing and Operations to optimize processes, technology, and systems
- Ensure sales reps are complying with internal processes (ie final sale paperwork) and completing the detailed steps without errors
All About You
- Experience: 7-10 years of B2B or B2C sales experience and at least 4 years of management experience
- Bonus: experience in scaling up early stage start-ups and building out teams
- A valid driver’s license
What We Offer
- Competitive salary with equity incentives
- Health benefits such as dental and vision
- Unlimited vacation and lots of flexibility
- Free SWAG!
- Diverse & inclusive culture with amazing people that love the outdoors, amazing restaurants, learning, cars, photography, and more
- Ongoing social and team events such as Zoom cocktail hours, holiday parties, and more