Clutch, one of the fastest growing start-ups in Canada, is reinventing the way people buy and own cars. With operations in Ontario and Eastern Canada our mission is to build customer trust by providing a delightful car buying and ownership experience while making a positive impact on the communities in which we operate. Clutch is backed by a number of world-class investors including Real Ventures, BrandProject, Azure Capital Partners, FJ Labs and Global Founders Capital.
We pride ourselves on being a technology-first company and believe we can fundamentally change the way people buy and own cars. We were tired of traditional dealerships that take advantage of customers and wanted to build something better. We offer high-quality certified vehicles at great prices through a fully online customer experience. We invite customers to browse our inventory online, buy the car that’s right for them, and enjoy effortless at-home delivery.
Clutch is looking for a Customer Advisor who will be responsible for educating customers on who we are, what we do, and why Clutch is a better way to buy a car. You’ll help guide customers through the buying process, whether that’s scheduling a test drive or completing a finance application. The Sales Advisor works closely with our Business Development and Delivery teams to ensure a smooth handoff. This is a great opportunity to join a small team and make a big impact. As we continue to launch new cities nationwide, we expect our Customer Advisor team to grow quickly over the next year.
What You’ll Do
- Be the voice of Clutch - you will interact on the phone, receiving inbound calls and emails coming from the customer, and also making outbound communications to the customer guiding them through the vehicle purchase process, reviewing and approving their finance documents, and answering questions they may have
- Qualify customers by understanding their requirements and interests and help match them with various vehicle models and financing options
- Completes credit application with the customer and discusses payment terms
- Remain educated on all product knowledge, finance options, promotions, value-add products/services, servicing plans, and industry trends
- Assist customers with test drives and understanding the different features of vehicles
- Work close with the delivery team to ensure a smooth dropoff of the customer’s vehicle and paperwork
All About You
- Desire to collaborate, engage and roll up their sleeves to get the job done, when necessary
- Able to communicate effectively over the phone and email (spelling, grammar, etc).
- Comfortable working in a fast-pace and ambitious start-up environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective in time management and prioritizing multiple tasks (scheduling test drives, updating the CRM, completing finance applications, etc.)
- Energetic individuals with an overwhelming desire and proven ability to create exceptional customer experiences on par with luxury clientele expectations
- Independent and requires little hand holding
- Proven proficiency using multiple software applications such as Gmail and CRM systems
- Experience: 2-3 years of customer facing experience such as sales, hospitality, customer support, etc.
- A valid driver’s license
- An OMVIC license or willing to attain one