Clutch is a Canadian technology company that is reinventing the way people buy and own cars. With Operations in Ontario, Nova Scotia and British Columbia, our mission is to build customer trust by providing a delightful car buying and ownership experience while making a positive impact on the communities in which we operate. Clutch is backed by a number of world-class investors including BrandProject, Azure Capital Partners, FJ Labs and Global Founders Capital.
We pride ourselves on being a technology-first company and believe we can fundamentally change the way people buy and own cars. We were tired of traditional dealerships that take advantage of customers and wanted to build something better. We offer high-quality certified vehicles at great prices through a fully online customer experience. We invite customers to browse our inventory online, buy the car that’s right for them, and enjoy effortless at-home delivery.
We have a deep passion for building and bringing teams together. We value individuality, diversity of thought and embrace a problem-solving culture.
Clutch is looking for Software Engineers to join our growing team and deliver compelling user-facing products! You will collaborate with our Founder, Head of Engineering and Product team to architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications. If you're looking for a high growth team, where you can make a huge impact, keep reading!
What you’ll do
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Execute daily production deployments and monitoring using AWS services
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Write automated tests as part of your development workflow
- Provide highly effective code reviews and peer support
All About You
- Minimum 3 years of technical experience working in a product-driven environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other Relevant field
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code
- You’re excited about delivering end-to-end experiences and are knowledgeable about software architecture across the backend (Node.js, Express, Sequelize), front-end (React, Contexts, Hooks, Styled components) and the APIs / services that bring it all together
- You have a strong fundamental understanding of data structures and algorithms
- You are comfortable working independently and reaching out across organizational boundaries to aid in problem solving
- You are invested in the user experience and know how to build user-friendly web applications
- You have experience with continuous delivery and automated testing
Nice to have
- Experience developing and maintaining a continuous integration system or build and release pipeline
- Ability to pick up new software, frameworks and APIs quickly
- Experience with mobile development is an advantage
- A burning desire to build an insanely great product and make an impact
Why You'll Love Clutch
- Competitive salary with equity incentives
- 3 weeks vacation with lots of flexibility
- Diverse & inclusive culture with amazing people that love the outdoors, amazing restaurants, learning, cars, photography, and more
- Remote work allowance, Zoom cocktail hours, and more (we’re only getting better at remote working!)