Clutch is a Canadian technology company that is reinventing the way people buy and own cars. With Operations in Ontario, Nova Scotia and British Columbia, our mission is to build customer trust by providing a delightful car buying and ownership experience while making a positive impact on the communities in which we operate. Clutch is backed by a number of world-class investors including BrandProject, Azure Capital Partners, FJ Labs and Global Founders Capital.
We pride ourselves on being a technology-first company and believe we can fundamentally change the way people buy and own cars. We were tired of traditional dealerships that take advantage of customers and wanted to build something better. We offer high-quality certified vehicles at great prices through a fully online customer experience. We invite customers to browse our inventory online, buy the car that’s right for them, and enjoy effortless at-home delivery.
We have a deep passion for building and bringing teams together. We value individuality, diversity of thought and embrace a problem-solving culture.
What You’ll Do
- Have ownership over the entire accounting cycle
- Lead a team of 3 through day to day transactions and month close
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reporting on a weekly and monthly basis
- Research technical accounting issues as needed and establish company-wide accounting policies
- Lead annual audit compliance work
- Review and file HST and other government remittances
- Resolve accounts receivable and accounts payable issues
- Develop, document, and implement internal controls. Assist in identifying inefficiencies and revamping processes to eliminate them in addition to providing training and support to finance staff
- Work on a variety of ad hoc projects that will have an impact on all areas of the business
All About You
- CPA designation with 5 years of progressive experience
- Have the ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Are detail-oriented and meticulous - you take pride in knowing the details and are obsessed with accuracy
- Are able to communicate effectively to both internal and external stakeholders
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Can deliver results independently and while working with a team
- Are excited about the opportunity to work in a fast-moving and growing company
- Ideally, you have interest or experience in the automotive industry
Why You’ll Love it here!
- Autonomy - You have the freedom to create your own path
- Competitive Salary and Equity Incentives!
- Generous Time Off Program
- Learning Budget -- for whatever YOU want to learn
- Health & Dental Benefits