Clutch is a Canadian technology company that is reinventing the way people buy and own cars. With Operations in Ontario, Nova Scotia and British Columbia, our mission is to build customer trust by providing a delightful car buying and ownership experience while making a positive impact on the communities in which we operate. Clutch is backed by a number of world-class investors including BrandProject, Azure Capital Partners, FJ Labs and Global Founders Capital.
We pride ourselves on being a technology-first company and believe we can fundamentally change the way people buy and own cars. We were tired of traditional dealerships that take advantage of customers and wanted to build something better. We offer high-quality certified vehicles at great prices through a fully online customer experience. We invite customers to browse our inventory online, buy the car that’s right for them, and enjoy effortless at-home delivery.
We have a deep passion for building and bringing teams together. We value individuality, diversity of thought and embrace a problem-solving culture.
The multistep journey of an ordinary vehicle becoming a certified Clutch car starts with Clutch's car buying team. As we we grow in inventory and sales, a vital role on the team is the vehicle operations analyst. Being an online marketplace for selling and buying cars, Clutch’s inventory is constantly turning over as cars move through our platform. The Buying / Procurement team is responsible for growing inventory levels while maintaining a diverse inventory mix that meet local market demands across the country.
Using data and analytics, the buying analyst will be tasked to price and research fleet, private, consignment and traditional wholesale channels to target and acquire those vehicles that will deliver the highest quality and value for our customers.
Being highly organized, having strong communication skills, and excellent attention to detail are all necessities due to the high volume of vehicles that are bought and sold week to week!
What You’ll Do
- Execute towards meeting weekly purchasing goals (Volume, margin, quality, etc.)
- Use analytics to identify high value inventory that aids in margin expansion and inventory turns
- Engage with various internal business partners (marketing, sales, reconditioning) to better understand market demands that better inform future purchasing
- Identify and implement tools and process improvements to increase effectiveness of purchasing team
All About You
- Interest and/or experience in the automotive industry
- Heavy user of technology
- High attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize competing demands
- Desire to learn new skills
- Team player above all else
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License (Clean Driver’s Abstract)
- Post-Secondary Education