Automotive Technician (Apprentice)
At Clutch, we are reinventing the way Canadians buy and own cars. We had enough of traditional dealerships that took advantage of customers and knew that we could build an incredible car-buying experience while leaving a positive impact on the communities we serve.
Recently named one of the Fastest Growing Canadian Companies by the Globe & Mail and one of the Top Canadian Startups by LinkedIn, we’re looking to add to our great team of people who embrace hard things, think like owners, and love to help their teammates.
We pride ourselves on our high-quality certified vehicles, great prices, and customer experience. By visiting clutch.ca, customers can browse a large selection of high-quality vehicles, buy a car that's right for them, and enjoy seamless delivery - all from the comfort of their home.
Founded in 2016, Clutch is headquartered in Toronto and services Ontario and the Maritimes. It is backed by a number of world-class investors including D1 Capital Partners, Canaan, BrandProject, Real Ventures, Upper90, FJ Labs, Global Founders Capital, and Azure Capital Partners.
About the role:
Clutch is looking for Automotive Service Technicians (Apprentice) to join our team!
We’re looking for all-star automotive mechanic talent to join our mechanic team. We’re looking for highly motivated self-starters to help ensure that all of our vehicles are up to our high mechanical standard. Working alongside our reconditioning team, you will be responsible for performing vehicle inspections, maintenance work and performing minor repairs such as brakes, suspension, tires, batteries etc. Our ideal candidate has experience working on European vehicles in addition to other foreign and domestic brands. They will also be highly organized, have strong communication skills, and excellent attention to detail.
What you’ll do:
- Perform Clutch standardized vehicle inspections (stationary and road tests)
- Diagnose and assess vehicle issues and damage
- Make recommendations about vehicle repairs and the best course of action
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance, such as oil changes, suspension and brake jobs
- Create documentation of repairs and estimates
- Adhere to and continually help improve Clutch’s high mechanical standards
We’re looking for:
- 2+ years of automotive technician experience
- Experience working with a variety of car brands (domestic, import & European)
- Team player above all else
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize competing demands
- Desire to learn new skills
- User of technology (Google Drive, Slack etc.)
- Valid Driver’s License (Clean Driver’s Abstract)
Why you’ll love it at Clutch:
- Autonomy & Ownership -- create your own path, and own your work
- Competitive Wages & Equity Incentives
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Generous Time Off Program
- Opportunity to work for an ambitious and fast-moving startup
- Job Type: Guaranteed hourly rate - no flat rate, full-time