Clue helps everyone who menstruates to understand their bodies—and to be empowered by that knowledge. Our vision is to enable women and people with cycles to live in tune with their biology, not in spite of it.
Founded by Ida Tin, Clue is a VC-backed startup based in Berlin helping over 12 million people each month get insights into their reproductive health via our Android and iOS apps. We collaborate with world-leading universities and institutes to advance female health research with our dataset, and deliver essential education about health, periods, and sex via our website, helloclue.com.
At Clue we embrace a culture that values everyones’ uniqueness and lets them flourish as an individual. We are constantly working on creating an environment which provides equal opportunities, regardless of your ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, religion, and any other diverse backgrounds. As a part of our team, your unique set of talents will always be appreciated and we’re committed to provide them with a nurturing and safe environment.
Good design can change lives. That’s why design, together with science, is at the center of everything we do.
- You’ll play a key role in moving the core product and subscription offerings forward with an emphasis on usability and visual engagement
- You’ll iterate and shape the user experience from testing raw concepts through to final production in collaborations with the product and engineering teams
- You’ll be working closely with product owners, copywriters, developers, researchers and data scientists, and, together with the rest of the design team, you’ll help deliver a product that impacts millions of people
- Work with stakeholders to understand product vision and business perspectives, and work with a team of product owners, engineers, and UX researchers to build, test, and iterate on features until they’re ready to ship
- Define the user experience for new and existing users. Build experiences from the first idea to sketches, wireframes, prototypes and high fidelity designs
- Iterate on existing features to ensure constant improvement of the app
- Create user testing sessions with our UX researcher
- Be comfortable with A/B testing and iterate designs accordingly
- Collaborate with the brand team to ensure streamlined representation of the brand
- Along with the design team, you’ll be responsible for developing design principles and patterns to improve the design and experience of our product
You are a strong visual designer with experience in interaction and product design with a focus on digital products (iOS, Android) as well as user centered design. You have a structured way of thinking as well as a hands-on mentality with willingness to take an active role in our company. You thrive in fast-paced, iterative, and agile startup environments.
- Two years or more experience in UX and product design with a focus on interaction design, interface design and mobile products (Android, iOS)
- Knowledge of user experience principles, design research, and ideation methods
- Ability to create, communicate and deliver high quality user experience across devices
- Ability to facilitate, learn from, participate in, and benefit from design critique in a team
- Experience working in a cross-functional team environment and staying accountable to the team.
- You pay attention to detail and appreciate user-centered and inclusive design
- Experience with user testing and A/B testing
- Experience with relevant creative tools (Figma, Adobe CC, Sketch, etc.)
- You have a portfolio to showcase your past work
- You have a design degree, equivalent qualification or industry experience
We believe personal growth is essential for professional growth which is why we offer all the standard benefits, plus some that are uniquely Clue.
- Care for your body and mind with free weekly yoga, and a free on-site therapist
- Learn and grow with a professional and personal development budget
- Work your way in our child-friendly and dog-friendly office. We’ll help with relocation if you’re not already in Berlin.
- Five weeks of paid vacation each year, a competitive salary, participation in our all-employee option pool, and the option to join the company pension plan.
- Flex Fridays: One day per week where Cluebies can put their health & wellbeing first, stay energized and maintain a sustainable high level of productivity.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, we are working remotely from home in Berlin.