Clue helps everyone who menstruates to understand their bodies—and to be empowered by that knowledge. Our vision is to enable women and people with cycles to live in tune with their biology, not in spite of it.
Founded by Ida Tin, Clue is a VC backed startup based in Berlin helping over 13 million people each month get insights into their reproductive health via our Android and iOS Apps. We collaborate with world-leading universities and institutes to advance female health research with our dataset, and deliver essential education about health, periods, and sex via our website, helloclue.com.
At Clue we embrace a culture that values everyones’ uniqueness and lets them flourish as an individual. We are constantly working on creating an environment which provides equal opportunities, regardless of your ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, religion, and any other diverse backgrounds. As a part of our team, your unique set of talents will always be appreciated and we’re committed to provide them with a nurturing and safe environment.
The Content Team at Clue works closely with most parts of the company, whether that be Product, Brand, Marketing or Science. We write, edit and review content that spans across various themes and topics, while remaining focused on the core message of the Content Team: informing and empowering the reader to make their own menstrual and reproductive health choices. While most of our scientific content lives in our ‘Encyclopedia’ at helloclue.com, we also write a monthly newsletter, are active on many social media channels, create content for app features, and have an in-app content tab.
The Editor will work closely with the Content Team to support Clue’s content strategy. The Editor will be responsible for editing and proofreading for content on helloclue.com andin the Clue app and working with relevant stakeholders to ensure all content meets our quality standards. We are looking for someone with a passion for menstrual and reproductive health.
Editing & proofreading
- Review and edit articles on menstrual health/reproduction/contraception
- Maintain consistency in brand/voice across different channels
- Ensure all content follows the Clue style guide and meets our quality standards
Working with science writers and fact-checkers
- Onboarding new writers and fact-checkers
- Defining and assigning writing assignments
- Working with writers to ensure high quality content
Search Engine Optimization
- Review and update existing content to improve performance in search
- Support with contracts and budgeting
- Experience in editing and proofreading is a must
- Experience working with freelance writers is a must
- Experience editing health content is preferred
- Experience in SEO is preferred
- Native English speaker is a must
This is a full-time position. Location in Berlin is preferred but remote would be considered. Please submit your portfolio, a CV and a motivation letter that tells us why you’d be good for this job, your relevant experience, what your goals are and why Clue is the right place for you.
We particularly encourage women of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply.
We believe personal growth is essential for professional growth which is why we offer all the standard benefits, plus some that are uniquely Clue.
- Care for your body and mind with free weekly yoga, and free on-site coaching
- Learn and grow with a personal education budget
- Work your way in our child-friendly and dog-friendly office. We’ll help with relocation if you’re not already in Berlin.
- Five weeks of paid vacation each year, a competitive salary, participation in our all-employee option pool, and the option to join the company pension plan.
- Flex Fridays: One day off per week where Cluebies can put their health & wellbeing first, stay energized and maintain a sustainable high level of productivity.
For the time being, while there is a risk of Covid-19 infections, Clue operates as a remote-first company.
Clue is looking for an Editor with experience working with long and short form content. The ideal candidate wants to work for the furthering of menstrual and reproductive information and communication, to empower the individual voices of people with cycles, and within a small team with big ideas. Must have worked with freelance writers before.