At Clubhouse, we create healthier collaboration across organizations so teams can focus on what matters – creating products their customers love. Thousands of companies from all over the world use Clubhouse to plan, collaborate, and build better software together.
Clubhouse is growing, and we’re looking for a VP, Finance who will serve as a key member of the Clubhouse senior management team and partner with members across the organization to drive real-time and long-term strategic decision making. Reporting into our Co-founder and CEO, you will have primary responsibility for all day-to-day Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) and Accounting activities, ensuring optimal reporting, governance, analysis, budgeting, and forecasting. You’ll be responsible for understanding and anticipating the appropriate information, metrics and business intelligence needed as we build a profitable and fast growing business.
What you’ll do:
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO, Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities – creating a finance function that is viewed as a strategic asset to all areas of the organization.
- Establish world class standards for timely and accurate financial closing and reporting.
- “Roll-up the sleeves” as necessary in both reporting and operational issues.
- Leverage technology as applicable to automate financial reporting in alignment with company growth, establishing a data-driven and highly scalable reporting infrastructure.
- Manage a lean team and functional aspects, including controls, financial reporting, reconciliations, audits, revenue recognition, payroll, accounts payable, taxes, regulatory filings and stock option accounting.
- Develop and recruit finance and accounting team talent as needed to achieve goals.
- Manage relationships with company's external auditors.
What we're looking for:
- Prior leadership experience in high growth, private SaaS companies.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with management and developing cross-functional relationships to support the objectives of the business.
- Proven, results-oriented leader who can manage, motivate and build a cohesive finance and accounting function.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Process-oriented focus with eye towards automating non-core activities.
- Possess a strong set of personal and business values that align with Clubhouse culture and values: Treat People Right, Bring People Joy, Take Responsibility, Be Transparent and Move Fast.
What we offer:
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision insurance with 100% of premiums covered for employees, an annual conference budget available for your professional development, 12 weeks paid parental leave (available from day 1), a 401k plan, and much more.
- Competitive salary and a sizable equity grant.
- You’ll be working on a product built for other technology companies, with the aim of improving the lives of its users. We want and value your input as we try to keep the product moving in the right direction.
- We expect you to work at a sustainable pace, take time off as needed, and maintain a healthy work-life balance. Many of us have families and kids, so we don't work crazy hours and don't expect you to either.
- We have a remote-first culture and more than half the team works outside of the NYC office. Regardless of where you’re located every employee is granted the flexibility to work where they choose.
Clubhouse is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.