Based in New York, Clubhouse is the project management platform company loved by software
teams around the world. Thousands of the fastest-growing organizations use Clubhouse to plan
and build software, including Nubank, Dataiku, Scale AI, FullStory, and LaunchDarkly.
As the Head of Community, you will be a key-member of the Clubhouse Marketing team
reporting directly to the CMO. You will be directly contributing to the growth of our business by
being responsible for the overall success of our community efforts globally. For all of us at
Clubhouse, “Joy” is core to our company identity. You will be focused on building 1:1
relationships with customers and prospects by being helpful, giving back and creating joyful
Community is part of the Marketing team and is tightly engaged with Clubhouse's distributed
Engineering and Customer teams. This ensures alignment to a consistent strategy and program
execution with the freedom to experiment with new ideas.
What you’ll do:
● Own and drive our community playbook, ensuring that every Clubhouse advocate on
social media, our Slack community, in our blog, feels connected to the brand and they
are being helped in a timely manner.
● Delighting and giving back to our customers and prospects. Creating new swag items
that are unique to our industry that make our customers happy.
● Partnering with our Head of Content to distribute multiple forms of content across
platforms in a timely, compelling way.
● Own sponsorship responsibilities to support community and developer programs (e.g.
open source) that enhance our brand.
● Own partnerships externally with like-minded technologies and groups, to advocate for
the community and to highlight, and promote, Clubhouse’s community approach.
● Develop and launch community programs (online and offline) that broadens our
reach/audience and awareness with developers.
● Establish a local presence of Developer Evangelists in the top tech hubs (SF will be the
● Team-environment. This role will actively foster a culture of mutual respect,
collaboration, and consensus-based decision-making. We will support you in that
What you’ll need to have:
● Community building is fundamental to your identity.
● Proven ability to craft compelling content about technology or demonstrated ability to
guide those doing so.
● Ability to make data-driven decisions including budgeting
● Looking for a strong player-coach with a ‘get-it-done’ mindset: not afraid to roll up your
sleeves, create the content yourself, and do what it takes to get the job done.
● Experience building and managing a team of community managers and developer
● Track record of building and executing community programs for a technology company.
● Outstanding communicator with the ability to work cross-functionally across a multitude
● Familiarity with, and a real passion for software development.
● Experience working for a startup or an early stage company.
● Comfort working with, and managing, a highly distributed team.