Clubhouse was built by software engineers with the goal of making project management software less painful, more collaborative, and help software development teams do their best work. The platform combines a simple, modern UI with enterprise-grade tools, allowing technology companies to plan and manage their projects effectively, visualize progress across the organization, and define deadlines and milestones based upon data and predictive modeling.Thousands of the fastest-growing organizations use Clubhouse to plan and build software, including Nubank, Dataiku, Scale AI, Atrium and LaunchDarkly
Historically, Clubhouse has relied on word-of-mouth and organic traffic to attract new users: engineers love using the product, tell other engineers, and voila...we have a new customer. Now we’re ready to start being more aggressive with customer acquisition and want to build out a sales team that will attract new clients, as well as drive full adoption in the product and a successful renewal at the end of a contract term.
As an Account Manager, you’ll be part of this initiative and will be responsible for helping Clubhouse double the number of new customers who sign on to the platform each month. Based out of our NYC HQ and reporting to our VP, Customer Success, you’ll be working with a small, professional and fast-moving team. You’ll be at the front lines of our business, acting as a brand ambassador and helping to spread the value proposition to new potential customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage customers during the trial phase, conducting effective demos and following up to increase conversion rates
- Remain in frequent contact with customers in order to understand their needs and goals
- Negotiate pricing agreements and document all communication
- Effectively hand off signed accounts to CX Managers and work with them to identify areas of upsell opportunity
- Collaborate with other members of the CX, Marketing and Product teams to effectively communicate customer feedback
- Generate new leads and follow those through to close
- Help build Clubhouse! We’ve got some big goals for the year and anyone joining at this stage will have a big impact
What you'll need to have:
- 2-3 years experience in a software sales role
- You’ve closed deals, delivered value propositions, and answered hard questions from potential customers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are key in this type of position
- A demo expert! You aren’t afraid to pull up a live-presentation and hop on a call with a potential customer
- Highly collaborative problem solver with a creative approach to providing solutions
- A good listener with the ability to provide comprehensive overviews of key business use cases
- Able to live with, and work productively in, an undefined role. Clubhouse is still very much a startup and our priorities can -and do- change. You find this type of environment exciting
What we offer:
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision insurance with 100% of premiums covered for employees, an annual conference budget available for your professional development, 12 weeks paid parental leave (available from day 1), a 401k plan, and much more.
- In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, all offers also come with a sizeable equity grant.
- You’ll be working on a product built for other technology companies, with the aim of improving the lives of its users. We want and value your input as we try to keep the product moving in the right direction.
- We expect you to work at a sustainable pace, take time off as needed, and maintain a healthy work-life balance. Many of us have families and kids, so we don't work crazy hours and don't expect you to either.
- We have a remote-first culture and more than half the team works outside of the NYC office. Regardless of where you’re located every employee is granted the flexibility to work where they choose.
Clubhouse is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.