Clubhouse was built by software engineers with the goal of making project management software less painful, more collaborative, and help software development teams do their best work. The platform combines a simple, modern UI with enterprise-grade tools, allowing technology companies to plan and manage their projects effectively, visualize progress across the organization, and define deadlines and milestones based upon data and predictive modeling.
What originally started as a Hack Day project has grown into a product that is used by more than 1,000 companies across the globe...and we have big plans to continue our growth. We currently have more than 30 employees worldwide, an HQ in New York City, and we’re backed by some of the best investors in tech.
Our engineering team is growing and we’re looking for senior engineers to join our Backend team. This team builds, maintains, and supports our infrastructure; essentially everything that keeps Clubhouse secure, fast, and responsive for end-users and ensures that our customers can reliably access their data when it’s called.
The Backend team primarily works with Clojure and Datomic although we are open to using other technologies when appropriate. This team is distributed and relies heavily on collaboration and transparency to get things done. An interest in learning (no matter how much experience they bring to the table) is a common thread among the folks we have on the team.
As a Senior Engineer on the Backend team you will:
- Build Clubhouse and become an expert in the systems that keep Clubhouse running
- Lead projects, collaborate with team members on estimating project scopes, set milestones and identify dependencies
- Solve scaling challenges related to growing our infrastructure and platform to accommodate more customers
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues when they come up; help more junior solve these issues when appropriate
- Help identify blockers and delays with projects and proactively seek solutions to help solve these
- Collaborate effectively with design, product managers, business folks
- Mentor other engineers and help onboard new hires
What you need:
- Prior professional experience as a senior software engineer. While you don’t necessarily need to have a senior title, you can demonstrate that you’ve contributed at a senior level in previous roles
- You can complete complex technical tasks independently and without management oversight
- Our backend is written in Clojure. If you haven’t worked with this language, we’ll look for experience with the JVM stack or a LISP-based programming language
- You’ve worked with different databases and cloud services and have built micro-services, managed architectural changes in previous roles, and know how to build REST-ful APIs
- Effective time management and the ability to collaborate with a distributed team is a must
What we offer
- In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, we’re offering a meaningful equity stake in the company.
- You’ll be working on a product built specifically for software companies, with the aim of improving the lives of its users. We want you to help guide the product, not just build it for us.
- You will be part of a small, professional and fast-moving team. Our work day is not broken up by meetings. Our codebase is small and well-tested. We contribute to the open source movement.
If this sounds like you, please apply below and tell us about yourself. Our interview process will include a mix of pair-programming, whiteboarding, and face-to-face discussions.
Clubhouse is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.