Back End Engineer
To make meaningful progress in the fight against climate change, businesses must accelerate the decarbonization of their operations. Today, some emissions are truly unavoidable. This is where Cloverly fits in. Cloverly connects suppliers of carbon removals and offsets with the companies and consumers who want to take action now.
Cloverly is a platform for climate action, with a marketplace for carbon removals. As the first API in the world for carbon credits, Cloverly is in a leadership position in building a new industry that the world deeply needs.
Cloverly is growing and we are looking for a back end engineer with a proven track record in building scalable, reliable, and performant systems to join us and help us help organizations fund high-impact carbon projects across the world. You will be responsible for developing back-end components, within a team that’s working across our stack.
To be successful as a developer, you should possess in-depth knowledge of object-relational mapping, experience with server-side logic, and strong grasp of Python programming.
- Writing and testing scalable code in Python
- Developing back-end components
- Integrating user-facing elements using server-side logic
- Establishing API contracts with front-end developers and coordinating on new feature development
- Evaluating client feature requests with our product team and helping to architect the implementation
- Make thoughtful trade-offs that consider business priorities, user needs, and a sustainable technical foundation
- Setting up databases and optimizing existing ones to improve functionality. (Our stack includes PostgreSQL with Amazon RDS)
- Ensuring that our APIs and platform meet performance and uptime standards to give our customers a good experience
- Writing good documentation, both for the team as well as for developers using our APIs
- Integrating digital tools to monitor online traffic
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Spent time at fast-moving, hyper-growth startups, where you have a strong track record of architecting, building and iterating on SaaS products
- A passion for making an outsized impact on the fight against climate change
- Experience with Python and with the Django framework, but also a comfort and interest in picking up other languages and tech
- Experience building securitized REST APIs with AWS (including using Cloudformation, APIGateway etc.), with JWT and mTLS handshakes, and following event-driven architecture standards
- A strong desire to lean in and take ownership, intellectual curiosity, and a penchant for helping and guiding fellow team members
- You set a high standard for yourself and for others. You are able to balance speed, complexity, and scope to achieve broader goals
- Are a proponent of strong test-driven development
WHY YOU’LL LIKE WORKING HERE:
- Get to work on an important mission that truly makes a difference
- Tremendous company outlook where you will have limitless opportunities
- An awesome culture where you will be empowered, make an impact, learn a ton, grow rapidly, and genuinely enjoy yourself and your teammates
- Remote friendly
- Open time-off policy
LOCATION: Atlanta, or remote in USA or Canada
We are committed to creating inclusive teams that foster a genuine workplace culture and a sense of belonging for each and every employee. We encourage everyone to apply.
Cloverly provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Cloverly complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.