Cloud to Street is a top climate tech start-up and the world’s leading remote flood analytics platform. We use global satellites, AI, models, and community intelligence to monitor flood risk and flooding in real-time. Seeded by Google, our paradigm-shifting science made the cover of Nature and is the base for our property technology. Today, governments across almost 20 countries have used our platform for disaster relief and to protect over 300 million people. We launched the first commercial parametric flood insurance product to protect climate-vulnerable communities.
What we’re looking for:
This is different from a typical Business Development Representative. Cloud to Street is looking for a Market Development Representative to help create a market and nurture client relationships within private insurance and public sector markets. You will qualify and generate opportunities through outbound calling, emails and LinkedIn. This position will work closely with our Marketing team to obtain leads, and work on moving them through the pipeline to meet with our Sales Team. A big part of the role will include working with “warm” leads to nurture them through a series of campaigns.
What you will be doing:
- Generate leads through target account selling, outbound prospecting, and calling on leads from multiple sources
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, and develop interest to stimulate opportunity within insurance, government, and humanitarian sectors.
- Nurture campaigns for qualified opportunities and manage a high volume of new leads in a timely manner
- Schedule meetings for sales team with qualified leads and coordinate smooth transition of deal ownership with internal colleagues
- Coordinate email outreach campaigns to develop leads
- Track and input all activity to Hubspot
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Cloud to Street’s tech product and value for several customer segments; Remain knowledgeable and up to date on industry changes and competitive landscape
What you will need:
- 1 to 3 years of proven success in an enterprise sales/marketing research and lead development role, ideally at a startup
- Highly organized with top 10% note taking skills
- Hunter mentality in seeking out new business
- Strong email and web search skills
- Extremely compelling and well prepared presenter and meeting facilitator
- Knowledge of Hubspot or other CRM system is a plus
- BA or BS required
Who you are:
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively on a fast paced team
- Ability to work and sell collaboratively
- Hungry salesperson and tenacious team player who makes their own opportunities and supports their team
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills