Cloud to Street is the recognized authority on using satellites and AI to track floods anywhere on earth. Founded by two climate experts with initial funding from Google, the team comes from NASA, Facebook, Google, Willis Towers Watson, and Oscar Insurance. Our platform has been used by 18 countries to fill critical information gaps for disaster planning and response, and is the official emergency flood mapping provider to the United Nations. The technology is now enabling insurers to expand protection to billions of uninsured assets and people through partnerships with Munich Re and Willis Towers Watson. We recently raised a large seed from top investors that will be announced soon.
We are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to lead the development of cloud infrastructure at Cloud to Street. As part of a small engineering team, you will be responsible for a wide range of engineering work spanning infrastructure, DevOps, and site reliability engineering.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development
- Minimum of 2 years of experience building scalable cloud native infrastructure
- Proficient in Python, Docker, Git, and GitHub; loves to learn new languages and frameworks
- Passionate about designing robust, low-latency services on reproducible infrastructure
- Conceive of and implement modern cloud native infrastructure to power Cloud to Street's flood mapping capabilities
- Design, develop, and maintain geospatial data services, web infrastructure, machine learning pipelines, secrets management, and more
- Build empowering engineering culture and engineering processes
This position will ideally be based out of New York City or Austin, Texas but is currently remote. Remote work is possible for the right candidate (from Pacific to Central European time zones).
Applications will be open until the position is filled, with the goal of hiring the right candidate as soon as possible.
Full-Time Team Benefits
- Generous vacation package
- Healthcare & dental insurance
- Professional development fund
- Paid parental leave
- Work from home office support