At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal -- to help build a better Internet by making it safer and faster. We believe that with our talented team, smart technology, and engaged users, we can solve some of the biggest problems on the Internet. We serve more than 1.4 billion pageviews each month across 5 million Internet properties. Anytime we push a line of code, it affects over 200 million web surfers. We are a team of 500+ people, well-funded, growing quickly, and focused on building a world-class company.
Cloudflare is looking for a lawyer to join our Legal team and be based in our London office. The ideal candidate is an experienced legal professional with experience in commercial transactions and compliance work that thrives on doing interesting work as part of a great team.
In this role, you will working closely with our sales, marketing, and partnerships teams to review contracts, advise on the development of new products, and create systems to inform and confirm compliance with a number of international legal obligations. The ideal candidate is a strong negotiator who is equally versed in day-to-day legal matters and strategic business thinking. Preference will be given to individuals with experience working on one or a combination of relevant issues, including Commercial Contracts, Licensing, Immigration, Employment, and Privacy/Data Protection with or at an innovative technology company.
This role is ideal for someone who is a proactive self-starter and strategic thinker, who has a thirst for knowledge and continued growth, all while working as part of a great team. You’ll be able to to develop and improve upon our existing processes, and help us pave the way for continued expansion.
- Qualified lawyer with 5 years Post Qualified Experience in the last 7 years.
- Experience working in either the technology transactions or commercial/corporate practice of a law firm, and/or in-house at a technology company.
- Experience with commercial contracts.
- The ability to work in an international team, with lawyers and non-lawyers, to establish effective solutions efficiently and in an amenable manner
- Experience with legal compliance at all levels (local, national, and international), especially with regard to European labour laws and Internet or telecoms regulation.
- Experience with IP, corporate law, labour law, visas, privacy/data protection etc.
- Strong negotiator (e.g. licensing, interconnection, enterprise subscription, and partnership agreements).
- Substantive knowledge of technology, specifically internet transmission, distribution, and security.
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work. In 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any protected classification.