At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion pageviews each month across 5 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare’s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. Every day, about 12,000 new customers sign up. We’re working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us.
About the Department
Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, and Customer Success - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences.
The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
DACH is an important region for Cloudflare. We are looking for a DACH Regional Manager to help us invest and grow. The Regional Manager will be responsible for driving Cloudflare's revenue in the region. In addition, the Regional Manager will be the heart and soul of the DACH office empowering all the local teams
- Drive sales growth through successful leadership, organizational planning, customer service, and outstanding execution of all regional go-to-market programs (sales, customer success, solutions engineering, business development, support and field marketing).
- Initially the Regional Manager will carry the DACH team quota, but will also be expected to close their own deals in the first 9-12 months, until the sales team is 6+
- Drive accurate forecasting and excellent Salesforce hygiene
- Grow and build the DACH team and drive the local hiring needs for DACH by working with global functional leadership and recruiting resources, Ensure we have proper leadership development-succession planning in place across all teams. These functions include hiring and work authorization processes, Economic Development Board relations, and other duties as necessary to keep the local teams productive and inline with local regulations.
- Design, build and execute strategies for the DACH in collaboration with regional and global functional leaders
- Interject as the single point of contact for all DACH operational concerns, ensuring proper and timely escalation and resolution.
- Ensure that corporate policy and regulatory initiatives are consistently applied and followed by DACH team members
- Outstanding leadership - inspiring interpersonal effectiveness to lead teams, develop talent and effect change. Willing and able to be a “doer” and “influencer”
- Drive business cadence for forecast calls, functional review meetings, deal review, customer account reviews, weekly team meetings and periodic company-wide kick offs
- Experience navigating and working with large Enterprise IT organizations
- Season sales professional with a strong track record of managing and closing deals, a manager who can lead from the front
- Experience is developing and mentoring a team to help their over achievement
- German & English fluency in a professional setting
- Good understanding of Cloud environments and market trends
- Has excellented and worked for market leaders in either load balancing, security, cloud or cdn vendors / providers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or related field
- Understanding of application, server, load balancing, and network security
- Experience of both appliance and cloud based application and security solutions
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
Additionally in 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.