At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal -- to build a better internet. Cloudflare is a pre-IPO, high-revenue startup, with over 6 million customers, including NASDAQ, Zendesk, TechCrunch, OKcupid, and FastMail.
We are looking for a reliability engineer to join our billing team; an energetic team focused on finding robust, pragmatic and elegant solutions to difficult problems.
You will be responsible for helping to operationalize, automate and scale our transactional backend systems to ensure smooth, efficient and highly reliable operation. Our tech stack: Go (golang), PostgreSQL, Kafka, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Salt, Marathon/Mesos, Kubernetes and Docker.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years professional experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or Operations Engineer
- Experience building and administering alerting and monitoring systems for API services
- Strong knowledge of PostgreSQL/MySQL and Linux/Unix systems
- Knowledge of one or more mainstream programming languages (Go, C/C++, Python, PHP)
- Experience with continuous/rapid release engineer (CI/CD)
- Strong skills in network services such as DNS, TLS/SSL, HTTP
- Experience working in a 24/7/365 service environment
- Experience implementing secure and highly-available distributed systems/microservices
- Experience with API tooling and standards (Swagger/OpenAPI, OAuth/JWT)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a bias towards action
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
Additionally, in 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.