At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion page views each month across 5 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare’s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. Every day, about 12,000 new customers sign up. We’re working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us.
About the Department
Marketing builds awareness by sharing stories about how using Cloudflare can make a positive impact for customers and prospects. This spans stories across all channels of customer communication: our website, blog, emails, social media, events, ads, etc. We respect the inbox (no spammers!) We tell technical stories. And we see and shape the beauty of a networking story.
About the Role
This role will be a key part of the team handling our marketing, branding, promotional campaigns, and growth initiatives. The right candidate will have the ability to directly impact Cloudflare's growth targets with smart technical implementations. The Cloudflare.com website has a 1,100 global Alexa rank with over 300K visitors per week. With this volume of traffic, your work impacts millions of users around the globe.
- Partner with designers and marketers to build out high quality pages, forms and experiences to help Cloudflare hit growth targets.
- Analyze and build A/B tests to continually optimize for acquisition, activation, retention, and monetization metrics
- Provide daily support to our Marketing team on various improvements on all user facing communication
- Experience with source control
- Basic understanding of *nix and the command line
- Understanding of Google Analytics
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Intermediate knowledge of modern software development practices: distributed version control systems, code reviews, continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- Ability to jump between various levels in the stack for debugging purposes
- Ability to work with designers scoping out new features, writing tickets and coding wireframes
- Ability to take individual ownership of a project from start to finish
- Ability to work with a web producer to flesh out tight work scopes to prevent projects from ballooning
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
Additionally, in 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.