At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion pageviews each month across 5 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare’s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. Every day, about 12,000 new customers sign up. We’re working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us.
About the Department
Marketing builds awareness by sharing stories about how using Cloudflare can make a positive impact for customers and prospects. This spans stories across all channels of customer communication: our website, blog, emails, social media, events, ads, etc. We respect the inbox (no spammers!) We tell technical stories. And we see and shape the beauty of a networking story.
About the Role
Cloudflare has built out a marketing team of 40 people with demand generation marketers, product marketers, event/field marketers, content marketers, and branding, with a web team in place to help do interactive production. Our marketing department is looking for someone who thinks creatively and is passionate about the craft of writing.
The ideal candidate will live and breathe in the digital space and weigh the importance of every ounce of copy. You think in headlines and CTAs and can tell a story in as few words as possible. You are comfortable researching deeply technical security topics and turning that knowledge into an engaging narrative.
- Research and craft deeply technical content with accuracy and narrative flow
- Deliver on copywriting requests from all channels – articles, whitepapers, presentations, blog posts, and other vehicles in order to establish Cloudflare as a thought leader.
- Edit and proofread content with excellent attention to detail
- Collaborate with marketing, product, communications, and our executive team to create compelling content that draws attention without sounding forced.
- Have a conversational understanding of technical concepts such as how the Internet works
- Ability to write in a range of tones from humorous and lighthearted to the very technical
- Clear and proven understanding of SEM/SEO
- Effective and creative body of work or portfolio
- Proven track record of delivering compelling concepts within a fast-paced team environment
- Strong sense of narrative and editorial skills
- Track record of production across at least more than one content type - long/short-form writing, slide presentations, video/audio script writing
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English or relevant experience
- 3+ years relevant experience
- In your cover letter, please mention which Cloudflare product you find most interesting
- Web development/software experience
- Familiar with *nix command line and git
- Background in technical writing/blogging
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
Additionally, in 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.