At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion pageviews each month across 5 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare’s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. Every day, about 12,000 new customers sign up. We’re working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us.
This role is responsible for understanding, documenting and improving all company data sources, data hygiene, data segmentation, data profiling and data mining. This role is also responsible for applying mathematical and statistical methods to the enterprise data warehouse to improve functionality, accuracy and usability of company data assets.
- Create and maintain enterprise data environment structuring large sets of data, developing and implementing data models and managing multiple databases
- Design and architect data models, data flows, ETL processes and dependencies
- Lead master data management across the organization championing single-source-of-truth systems and reports focusing on customer, partner, product and other hierarchies and registries
- Establish data governance across the company including data ownership, access and security, standards, change management, data libraries and data dictionaries
- Document data processes and systems and maintain documentation across broader business intelligence team
- Identify, research, load, and link disparate data sets from both internal and external sources and systems
- Evaluate data sources on usage, coverage, accuracy, strengths, weaknesses, and relatability with other data sets
- Link data sets together, build data cubes, analyze & segment data, and automate each of these
- Identify and model business processes and their corresponding data flows; recommend improvements
- Establish enterprise data and reporting standards
- Develop and maintain data service API’s
- Effectively communicate with a wide variety of teams about both technical and business issues
- Bachelor’s in Business, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, or related field; MBA/Master’s preferred
- 5 years experience creating data warehouses, data modeling and developing data architecture
- Strong understanding of SQL, data modeling, and data relationships
- Ability to analyze data strategically and formulate recommendations
- Strong mathematical/analytical background with ability to understand complex data and solve difficult problems
- Detail oriented and excellent communication skills
- Results- and detail-oriented with the ability to manage conflicting priorities effectively
- Experience with SPSS, R, SAS, QlikView, Tableau, Business Objects, SSIS, or other data/reporting tools
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
Additionally, in 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.