At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion pageviews each month across 5 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare’s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. Every day, about 12,000 new customers sign up. We’re working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us.
About the Department
Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, Customer Success, and Sales Operations - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences.
The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
About the Role
The Business Development and Channel Sales team works on a wide range of initiatives that are critical to the long term growth of CloudFlare. This team works closely with executives and across all teams in the company. Today, CloudFlare partners with over 4,000 service providers around the world. We have grown quickly and we are looking for a strong Business Development and Channel Sales candidate to help take our growth to the next level. This is a terrific opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to a high growth company and excel in a rapidly changing industry.
- Negotiating revenue generating deals of all sizes with partners that contain binding revenue commitments
- Working collaboratively with our sales team to close these deals
- Managing your deals post implementation with a Cloudflare account team to ensure good technical implementation and high partner satisfaction
- Developing a pipeline of revenue generating deals with partners
- Understand the needs, roadmaps, and purchase cycles of the partners in your pipeline
- Translating Cloudflare’s products, both current and forthcoming, into benefits for your partners
- Working with product and engineering in a thoughtful way to deliver key features that are required for the closing of large deals
- Becoming an expert in one or more partner verticals
- Attending partner trade shows and industry events
- 3+ years experience in business development or channel sales
- Bachelor's degree required. Masters is a plus
- Proven ability to negotiate and close revenue generating deals of all sizes including large ones
- Self-motivated and scrappy
- Intuition for people with an ability to cultivate relationships easily
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, always-on, highly ambiguous start-up environment
- Ability to understand the key drivers and complexities of negotiating successful partnerships
- Track record of collaborating effectively with different functional areas to get the job done
- Deliver professional & compelling presentations at the C-level
- Product managers and engineers love working with you, as much as you do with them
- Strong technical competence and understanding of web performance, security, and “how the internet works”
- Consistently exceeds quota and key performance metrics
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
Additionally, in 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.