Cloudflare keeps the heart of the web beating, and we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. We believe that our talented team, cutting-edge technology, and engaged users can solve some of the biggest problems on the web. We already serve more Internet traffic than Twitter, Bing, Wikipedia, Amazon, Apple, Tumblr, and Instagram combined and recently expanded our offices in San Francisco's SoMa district to accommodate our rapid growth. Anytime we push a line of code, it affects over 1 billion (yes, billion) web surfers. We are a friendly team of about 550 people worldwide. We’re focused on building a world-class company, and now looking for eager tech-minded interns to join the Legal Team for roughly 2-3 months over the summer of 2018. This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to experience life as an in-house lawyer at an innovative, fast-paced tech company.
Interested candidates should possess strong analytical, writing, and communications skills, and have an interest in the intersection of law and technology. Prior coursework in law (including legal research and writing), and academic or practical experience in a legal environment (corporate legal department, law firm, or technology focused NGO) is strongly preferred.
- Assist the Legal Team with all matters faced by the company. This includes an enormous array of issues ranging from commercial contracts, building business practices, data rights and privacy, to immigration and litigation.
- Conduct legal research on a variety of legal topics including: intellectual property, data protection and international regulation.
- Respond to various legal requests from our users, customers, and third parties in relation to Cloudflare services.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of internal knowledge databases for the legal team.
- Help to develop the policies and procedures to streamline Cloudflare’s legal activities.
- Review and provide input on documentation and agreements.
- Strong academic performance in law school.
- Excellent legal research and writing skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to learn in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Letter of Recommendation from a law school professor or graduate school instructor a plus.
- Knowledge of computer software, networks, and Internet policy.
- Experience in negotiation, litigation, and compliance.
- Background or technical undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Network Engineering a plus.
- Comfortable presenting to and interacting with C-suite executives.
- Position is based out of our brand new sunny SoMa office in San Francisco, a block from AT&T park and with easy public transportation.
How to apply:
Sound like somewhere you’d thrive? If so, then we’d love to hear from you. Send us your resume, transcript, reference, and a short paragraph introducing yourself and why we should put your resume on the top of the pile.
Cloudflare is a security company. All prospective employees will be subject to an extensive background check and must sign a confidentiality agreement.
Cloudflare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.