At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion page views each month across 5 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare’s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. Every day, about 20,000 new customers sign up. We’re working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us.
About the Department
Marketing builds awareness by sharing stories about how using Cloudflare can make a positive impact for customers and prospects. This spans stories across all channels of customer communication: our website, blog, emails, social media, events, ads, etc. We respect the inbox (no spammers!) We tell technical stories. And we see and shape the beauty of a networking story.
About the Role:
Cloudflare is looking for a Growth Manager to own user acquisition for our self-service business of monthly Free, Pro and Business customers. Today, we have nearly seven million Internet properties using Cloudflare. Every day, 20,000 new sites sign up for our Free, Pro and Business plans organically.
We want to accelerate this growth by investing in paid search, social media, retargeting, and other innovative programs for user acquisition. The Acquisition Growth Manager will own the strategy, planning and execution of acquisition programs aimed at increasing awareness and conversion of new customers.
The ideal candidate has a mix of analytical and business savviness married with creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit. You are likely a good fit for our team if you are hungry to learn, test, and optimize.
This role is a part of Cloudflare’s Self Serve Growth team. This is a cross-functional group that impacts the full customer lifecycle and aims to increase the primary levers of SaaS growth - Acquisition, Retention and Expansion. You will work closely with cross-functional marketing (design, product marketing, email marketing), Enterprise Demand Generation, and Product to help contribute to these goals. The Self Serve team is a fast growing team, so this is a great opportunity to play a role shaping this business unit going forward.
- Planning: Develop robust marketing plans, goals, and budgeting that contribute to the overall team objectives. Identify the right mix of traditional paid demand generation with new and creative acquisition programs (promotional, referral, etc.)
- Testing: Drive rigorous testing programs rooted in data-driven decision making. Interface with data and analyst teams to generate cross-team insights. Create feedback loops to learn from and scale successful programs.
- Partnering: Partner cross-functionally with design, interactive and Enterprise Demand Generation to deliver effective campaigns and programs.
- Execution and Reporting: Manage day-to-day execution of campaigns and acquisition programs. Report vision, status, and results and influence key stakeholders across the company.
- Work Experience: You have a BS degree (MBA or advanced degree a plus) and at least 5+ years of experience in growth, demand generation, or related marketing role. Previous experience in B2C/B2D tech, combined with knowledge of how the Internet works, is a strong plus.
- SaaS Growth Experience: Track record of driving growth and engagement in SaaS and stay on top of trends and subject matter expertise. Focus on top-of-funnel, but deeply understand impact of activities on full customer lifecycle.
- Acquisition Experience: Expert level knowledge of digital marketing channels and experience managing paid campaign spend with critical eye on ROI.
- Data driven: Demonstrable success with analyzing data and deriving insight for improvement. Comfort with analytics tracking tools that cover the full marketing funnel into product engagement (Google Analytics or comparable).
- Strong Communication: Excellent communication skills for developing/improving customer facing content and messaging. Ability to report program strategy, status, and ROI to internal stakeholders including c-level execs.
- Core competencies: Track record of strong management and organization skills. Ability to execute on programs in a detail-oriented and flexible manager. Comfortable in a fast-moving and rapidly changing environment.
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
Additionally, in 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.