At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month, which is nearly 10 percent of all Internet requests worldwide. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. We are working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us!
About the Department
Cloudflare Apps is building the next billion-dollar app marketplace from the ground up. Rather than mobile phones, our apps get installed onto Cloudflare-powered websites. Visit https://cloudflare.com/apps to preview apps and try your hand at building one.
The way tools are installed onto websites and Internet properties is outdated. We believe an engineer should be able to build and monetize the next great analytics, security, or even e-commerce solution and offer it to millions of sites overnight. If what she builds is the best solution, it should be possible for her to make millions of dollars too.
To make that dream possible we’ve built more than just a listing of apps. Cloudflare Apps can be customized, previewed, and installed onto any site in the Cloudflare network securely and reliably. Our aim is to make it possible for Cloudflare Apps to control every aspect of a request, and for the platform to be beloved across the Internet — from personal blogs to the world’s largest enterprises.
What you'll do
Members of our team are responsible for:
- Building APIs which are both simple and powerful allowing app developers to build tools utilizing more of Cloudflare and more of the web browser.
- Improving the experience of installing a Cloudflare App. This includes tools like our Live App Preview, our app listing, ratings, reviews and app recommendations.
- Creating tools and dashboards to support app creators. This includes tools for app creators to get more feedback from users, to get analytics on their app’s success, and to have a better experience creating and debugging their apps.
- Working with app creators to see that their apps are easy to use, well designed, and secure.
- Building open source projects to share what we learn and share the power and value of Cloudflare Apps.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
You are user-focused and thrive in a fast-paced and goal-driven environment. You consider building reliable and capable software to be just the first step in solving user problems. You are confident building software which works reliably because you’ve made many of the mistakes already. You’d rather ship than overengineer. You have a passion for growing yourself and your teammates and always have your sights set on getting better. You strive to have a positive impact and leave a positive impression on everyone you meet. You want to be a part of building something you can be proud of.
This job can adapt to your knowledge and interest in backend development, frontend development, design, and growth. Core experience should include:
- 5+ years of experience developing for the web
- Track record of shipping features which work.
- Great communication skills
- A kind and generous attitude towards customers and coworkers alike
- An appreciation and understanding of unit and integration testing
- Experience with React and/or Angular
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Experience building APIs which enable others to build great things
- Experience with using analytics and A/B testing to power growth in users and revenue
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.