At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion pageviews each month across 5 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare’s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. Every day, about 12,000 new customers sign up. We’re working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us.
About the Department
Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, Customer Success and Sales Operations - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences.
The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
You are the technical lynchpin through the entire sales cycle - pre and post sales. You will work closely with our Enterprise prospects and customers to educate, empower, and ensure their success on the Cloudflare platform. Your technical expertise in Cloudflare’s global distributed network and technology will allow you to find best-fit solutions for prospects, to train and onboard new customers via video-conference or in person, through documentation, and to support the long-term success of the customer. As a subject matter expert on web/mobile security and performance, you are a trusted source for developing new firewall rules from log files, crafting performance caching and delivery strategies, and creating or repurposing internal tools and scripts for customers.
As a Solutions Engineer, you are the technical customer advocate within Cloudflare. To aid your customers, you will work closely with every team at Cloudflare, from Sales and Product, through to Engineering and Customer Support. Your goal of customer success should drive you through the entire organization as you seek out and create scalable solutions for your customer’s needs. Our Solutions Engineers come from a wide range of backgrounds: financial consulting, engineering, software development, product management, customer support & project delivery. We're serious about building a diverse team. When hiring we look for diversity of experience combined with genuine curiosity for our technology.
Ultimately, you are passionate about technology and have a knack for explaining complex technical concepts in easy-to-understand terms. You are self-driven, naturally curious, and an avid builder who is not afraid to get your hands dirty. You appreciate the diversity and challenge of working with customers, and look forward to helping them realize the full promise of Cloudflare. On the Solution Engineering team you will find a collaborative environment where everyone brings different strengths and jumps in to help each other.
- You can translate technical concepts and jargon for a wide variety of audiences: from systems engineers, to front-end developers, through to IT managers and C-levels in enterprise organizations.
- You want to be constantly learning new things & teaching what you've learnt to the wider team, through internal blog posts, team demos, or broader product training sessions.
- You have a knack for understanding problems & finding creative ways to solve them. Our product is ever-growing, and knowing how to identify which parts will solve a customer's particular problem is important. Solutions Engineers ("SEs", as we call them) are responsible for the technical sale of our Enterprise products, and so this is important.
- You understand how to manage a project, work to deadlines, and prioritize between competing demands.
- You can talk to the differences between TCP & UDP, and understand what kinds of applications may favor one over the other.
- You can describe the difference between authoritative DNS & recursive DNS.
- You have a solid understanding of HTTP, and a willingness to dive deeper into the quirks of clients & servers alike.
- You know why TLS (SSL) plays an increasingly important role on today's Internet, and how to extol its benefits to engineers & business owners alike.
- You understand the role of a firewall, the difference between L3, L4 & L7 firewalls, and that "ACL" doesn't mean Anterior Cruciate Ligament.
- You're not afraid of command-line tools, REST APIs, or becoming an expert at analyzing requests in the web inspector.
- You're OK with some (a few days per quarter) travel: we occasionally travel to customer offices, conferences and/or do talks.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field. Reminder: this is not a strict requirement at all. Candidates from all walks of life are welcome.
- Previous experience in a sales or consulting role (note: doesn't have to be in tech)
- You've built a web application before, or contributed to an existing application in a meaningful way.
- You can describe the differences between CSRF, XSS and SQLi in detail, and Cloudflare's role in defending against them
- Understanding of, or experience with, regulatory requirements such a PCI DSS, HIPAA, and SOC-2
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
Additionally in 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.