Cloudflare is a system spanning the globe, on a mission to make the internet better, safer, and more powerful everyday. With this goal in mind, our product teams have deployed thousand of containers, at an ever increasing clip.
The Developer Platform team is tasked with improving how Operators and Engineers build, deploy, and operate the services that make Cloudflare work. As part of the Developer Platform team, you’ll be tasked with making it easier for engineers to build secure and stable services. Our platform consists of a bare metal Kubernetes cluster, configured with the Istio service mesh on top.
- Implement and automate the management of an internal service mesh.
- Reduce friction for product teams by automating microservice deployment.
- Develop service mesh features, including smarter traffic routing, service discovery, and transparent service-to-service authentication.
- Make engineering faster by developing cross-cutting services.
- Champion microservice best practices with product teams and junior developers.
- Leave code better than you found it
- Solid grasp of how TCP and HTTP work..
- Experience with Linux networking.
- Previous experience building microservices and RPCs.
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Passionate about improving User Experience
- Experience developing in, or extensions to, Istio, Envoy, or Kubernetes.
- Comfortable working with GoLang or C++.
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
Additionally, in 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.