At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion pageviews each month across 5 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare’s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. Every day, about 12,000 new customers sign up. We’re working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us.
Cloudflare is a rapidly growing global company and there is nothing more important to us than delivering to our users an exceptional native experience across all languages, cultures and platforms. We are looking for an experienced Marketing Globalization Strategist to drive global initiatives for improving and optimizing Cloudflare’ localization and translation processes for both our websites, as well as online and offline marketing channels.
You will play a key role in translating our Cloudflare brand voice, including tone, into one that is culturally appropriate in the local market. You will have the chance to work with a variety of internal teams including engineering, design, product, marketing, support, legal and sales, as well as external resources of localization and digital marketing.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a data-driven, creative and strategic thinker who works well independently and is self-motivated. Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about our customers, and has a strong desire to dig into market research, keeping up-to-date with local trends and seasonal traditions.
What you will do:
- Manage end-to-end localized processes for content generation and quality assurance efforts to ensure on-time, in-budget, high-quality deliveries of localized content
- Develop country-specific marketing communication strategies to acquire, retain and expand local customers
- Collaborate with culturally, geographically and functionally diverse teams to marketing globalization initiatives, set expectations and provide training and support to ensure team success
- Lead periodic competitive audits and market trend analysis to continuously elevate localization quality and international user experience
- Drive initiatives pertinent to globalization KPIs and quality metrics definition, monitoring and reporting
- Evaluate, implement and evangelize new globalization technologies and best practices
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Native fluency in at least one foreign language and culture required
- Minimum 3+ years experience driving strategic initiatives in a high growth environment, with proven track record in globalization required
- Understanding of common platforms, web development technologies, translation management systems, Adobe creative suite and various localization file types required
- Experience with data-driven marketing principles, digital campaign localization, international SEO/SEM and social media marketing preferred
- Understanding of statistical analysis and ability to present data in an insightful and structured manner
- Innovative and creative thinker who can stay focused under pressure and ambiguity, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Culturally aware and highly effective in engaging and working with a diverse team
- Passionate about Cloudflare and our mission
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work
Additionally, in 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.