At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion page views each month across 5 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare’s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. Every day, about 12,000 new customers sign up. We’re working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us.
About the Department
The Special Projects team at Cloudflare works on a wide range of tactical and strategic projects that are critical to the operations and long term development of Cloudflare. From Cloudflare’s entry into China through a strategic partnership with one of China’s largest Internet companies; to conducting strategic acquisitions; implementing operational systems that improve our business; and supporting and implementing decisions around business models, product pricing, and product development. We also managed the company's relationships with research analysts, investors and others in the Wall Street community. The Special Projects team works with the executive level and across all teams in the company.
About the Role
The Special Projects team at Cloudflare works on a wide range of tactical and strategic projects that are critical to the operations and long term development of Cloudflare. Past examples include securing Cloudflare’s entry into China through a strategic partnership with one of China’s largest Internet companies; building out Cloudflare’s global network by striking agreements with Internet service providers (ISPs); conducting strategic acquisitions; and implementing operational systems that improve our business. The team works with the executive level and across all teams in the company.
We are looking for a talented individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, environment to join our team. Candidates should have excelled in a start-up environment or demonstrated top quartile performance in a management consulting, investment banking or private equity environment (or have bypassed all of those opportunities to do something even more amazing). We’re looking for a proactive individual who takes ownership over initiatives and drives execution with limited oversight.
- Lead complex and time-critical projects by quickly understanding context and developing an analytical framework that leads to a prioritized approach for resolution
- Synthesize data to identify KPIs and trends that translate into actionable insights
- Execute advanced analytics / modeling (e.g., DCF/NPV, bottoms-up operating models)
- Drive market research and analyses
- Help diligence, negotiate and execute transactions (e.g., vendors, partners, M&A)
- Effectively collaborate and communicate results and insights with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative/business-oriented field or equivalent practical experience. Degree in technical or engineering field is a bonus.
- At least 3 years of work experience doing something amazing
- Problem-solving and project management skills. Experience executing strategic and operational initiatives.
- Experience developing complex analytical models in spreadsheets and using presentation software to facilitate communication with senior stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to formulate and articulate contractual, technical, financial and value points with partners and internal Cloudflare teams
- Self-directed and self-motivated; excellent communicator and collaborator
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
Additionally, in 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.