At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion pageviews each month across 5 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflare’s network. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. Every day, about 12,000 new customers sign up. We’re working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us.
About the Department
Cloudflare’s Engineering Team builds and runs the software that handles about 10% of HTTP requests on the Internet today. We also build and run the internal tools that builds and runs our software. The Engineering Team is split into two groups: one handles product development and the other handles operations. Product development covers both new features and functionality and scaling our existing software to meet the challenges of a massively growing customer base. The operations team handles one of the world’s largest networks with data centers in 102 cities worldwide.
We are seeking a Network Engineer to join our team. You will be a senior member of our IT team to responsible for ensuring a high-availability network infrastructure to meet Cloudflare’s corporate needs globally. This would include architecting, defining standards, implementing, maintaining and supporting our wired and wireless internal voice and data network, core switches and routers, firewalls, low-voltage cabling, physical security devices, and VPN. You would also partner with our Information Security team to implement, maintain and support security principles and best practices for our internal user community to align with the best-in-class web security services Cloudflare offers to our customers.
- Establishes corporate networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
- Maximizes and ensures stable network performance through monitoring and proactive maintenance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Reports on network operational status by collecting, analyzing, prioritizing and formatting information as appropriate for the intended audience
- Secures the internal network infrastructure by partnering with the Information Security team to establish and enforce policies; define and monitor access
- Manages network upgrade, expansion and new implementation projects
- Provides troubleshooting guidance and training for Tier 1 and Tier 2 IT support
- 5 - 7+ years experience maintaining and supporting complex computing networks
- 5+ years experience in network architecture and deployment
- 5+ years experience with Cisco and Juniper firewalls and switches
- Working knowledge of network/storage connectivity design, configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with Cisco wireless configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with design, implementation and troubleshooting of remote site connectivity
- Experience with configuration and support of network monitoring tools, performance tuning, and troubleshooting
- Recognized as someone others enjoy working with due to your technical competence and positive attitude.
- Willingness to coach and mentor
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
- Working technical knowledge of VoIP, PBX, voice mail, interactive voice services, and call management systems
- Experience with Twilio Cloud Communications
- Experience with 8x8 VoIP Telephony Services
- Experience supporting Cisco VoIP Systems
- Understanding of LDAP, Active Directory
- Experience with server virtualization (preferably VMWare)
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack and provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
Additionally, in 2016, we announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, we’re focused on recruiting the best and the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare is a security company. A successful background check is required for employment.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness. We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.