At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
We need a technical leader who can help build the platform from the ground up, take the lead on solving issues and drive maximum value/success of new and existing integration. As a Lead Data Engineer, you will establish, advocate and execute integration strategy and frameworks leveraging the latest integration technologies to help our sales, service, and support organization run effectively and efficiently in order to support business strategies and objectives. You’ll develop integration solutions to support the cross-functional needs for integrating data from a central data warehouse to operational systems including but not limited to SaaS tools used for growth, marketing, sales and support. You will lead a high performing team to solve challenging technical problems and onboard and mentor junior resources to advance their proficiency. We need strategic thinkers and problem solvers who can help us reach our North Star goals.
- Develop technical tools and programming that leverage big-data techniques to cleanse, organize and transform data and to maintain and update data structures and integrity on an automated basis
- Ability to design application components and evolve architecture including UI, API/Services, Data Access, Integration, Application components etc.
- Capable of working closely with business and product teams to influence technical strategy conversations and ensure data solutions are aligned with business initiatives and are of high quality.
- Build tools to automate the monitoring or workload and take proactive measure to scale the platform or to fix the problem
- Research and develop proof of concept on integrations to new platforms
- Build integration strategy based on principles of reusability, security, scalability and quality
- Lead by example through hands-on coding, code reviews and sprint planning
- Coach, mentor, inspire and support a team of data engineers
- Embrace new technologies and work with various tools and technologies to achieve desired functionality.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related experience required.
- 7+ years of developing ETL solutions in Big data space working with Petabytes of data and building large scale data solutions using Google Cloud Platform, Apache Spark, Airflow, Kafka, Scala, Python, etc
- 3+ years of experience with API design and development of RESTful web services
- Proficiency with the backend frameworks (NodeJS, Golang, Python etc) and front end programming (React, Angular, HTML5, CSS etc.)
- 2+ years leading an engineering team
- Experience with integrating Salesforce, Snowflake, NetSuite, Internal and other SaaS applications
- Strong understanding of development best practices, continuous integration, source control, code reviews
- Working experience in Kubernetes, Docker etc. is a plus
- Always on the lookout for improving the product using data-driven decisions.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
22.214.171.124: We released 126.96.36.199 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.