At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
Cloudflare Area 1 Security builds advanced technology that will protect millions of people from malicious attacks on the World Wide Web. We analyze hundreds of millions of events each day to identify and stop targeted attacks against some of the largest organizations on the planet. Use our massive data feeds to create powerful machine learning algorithms that will discover phishing attacks and other nefarious behaviors online. Be part of a small but growing team of dedicated individuals making every moment matter in protecting people from cybersecurity threats.
- Work very closely with the engineers who build the core of the Area 1 solution to enhance and build new features.
- Work with large scale data systems in both online/streaming and offline/batch fashions.
- Work with our product team to assist them with the implementation of data driven solutions.
- Work with cross functional teams on analyzing gaps in security detections and propose
- Strong background working with machine learning methods and experience in implementing and extending ML algorithms independently.
- At least 3-4 years of experience with machine learning and tools (ex: scikit-learn, tensorflow), deep learning, computer vision and natural language processing.
- Experience with ML Model deployment / productization.
- Flexible skills to quickly convert working ML solutions to products.
- Strong software engineering skills and substantial expertise in one of Python, Go or Rust.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s degree or PhD.
- Significant experience in networking, security, cryptography, malware analysis, data analysis, high-reliability clusters, statistics.
- Recent development or architectural leadership experience with large-scale data systems, streaming analytics.
- Experience with continuous delivery environments and agile methodologies is a plus.
- Experience with NoSQL technologies and Security practices.
- Actively participated in one or more Kaggle competitions
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
126.96.36.199: We released 188.8.131.52 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.