At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What You’ll Do
- Establishes and maintains relationships with various business teams, and drives various highly cross-functional platform and business initiatives.
- Works with business partners in defining program scope and requirements, creating both high-level and detailed plan, and executing to committed schedules, as well as maintaining and reporting out program deliverables across multiple teams and business units.
- Coordinates with engineering teams and business units to improve scalable deployment schedules and related performance.
- Develops a detailed project plan to track progress and identifies necessary resources and plans to achieve successful delivery.
- Develops and manages end-to-end program plans, scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring process and technical feasibility.
- Owns program status and drives completion in accordance with deadlines, ensures that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Manages and tracks deliverables and program performance for cross-functional BI programs covering a range of areas, and reports and escalates to upper management as needed.
- Gathers business requirements and assists with translating requirements into future state design options.
- Documents overall system and process design to illustrate end-to-end workflow.
- Performs risk management to minimize program risks, tracks deliverables, evaluates timelines and creates mitigation plans with internal teams and vendors.
- Develops transition plans, including but not limited to user acceptance testing and cutover documentation and change.
- Collaborates with other Business PMs on internal processes, tools and workflows across multiple teams and functions across Cloudflare, in support of BI governance and project management methodologies, processes and procedures.
- Delivers outstanding communication, problem-solving, analytical and program management skills.
- Works independently in a dynamic and high-pressure environment and timely delivery despite ambiguous and changing business requirements.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Track record of delivering technical programs, projects, and products in a highly technical dispersed multi-team environment.
- BA/BS in Business Administration or Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years experience in project and program management.
- 5+ years proven experience and proven track record of coordinating project delivery in a dynamic setting.
- Strong competency with program management tools (Confluence, JIRA, Smartsheets, etc.) and various methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, etc).
- Highly motivated, self-driven, and able to deal well with ambiguity.
- The ability to set agendas and facilitate meetings, while focusing on critical path discussion topics and necessary decisions.
- Excellent technical, problem-solving and partnering skills
- Proven ability to clearly and concisely communicate with an executive audience in both written and verbal communications
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to research issues, make evaluations on problems and recommend viable solutions.
- Proven working experience as a Program Manager in the technology sector, preferably with a data analytics organization.
- Thrive in a fast-paced iterative engineering environment, and embrace creating paths where none existed before
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
18.104.22.168: We released 22.214.171.124 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.