At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About Solutions Engineering at Cloudflare
The Pre-Sales Solution Engineering organization owns the technical sale of the Cloudflare solution portfolio, ensuring maximal business value, fit-for-purpose solution design and adoption roadmap for our customers. Solutions Engineering is made up of individuals from a wide range of backgrounds - from Financial Consulting to Product Management, Customer Support to Software Engineering, and we are serious about building a diverse, experienced and curious team.
What you'll do as a Partner Solutions Architect
The Partner Solutions Architect is a senior role within the Solutions Engineering team. You have deep experience influencing enterprise solution architecture across various senior stakeholders at partner and customer organizations. You are a customer-facing hands-on technologist with credibility built on industry expertise across Cloudflare’s security, reliability and performance solutions.
Your role will be to build passionate champions within the technology ranks at your Global System Integrator partners, aid your partner organizations to drive sales for identified opportunities, and collaborate with your technical champions to build long term profitable businesses around Cloudflare solutions. As the technical partner advocate within Cloudflare, you will work closely with every team at Cloudflare, from Sales and Product, through to Engineering and Customer Support.
You have deep experience in large Pre-Sales partner and account management as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills suited for both technical and executive-level engagement. You are comfortable speaking about the Cloudflare vision and mission with all technical and non-technical audiences.
Ultimately, you are passionate about technology and have the ability to explain complex technical concepts in easy-to-understand terms. You are naturally curious, and an avid builder who is not afraid to get your hands dirty. You appreciate the diversity of challenges in working with GSI partners and customers, and look forward to helping them realize the full promise of Cloudflare. On the Solutions Engineering team, you will find a collaborative environment where everyone brings different strengths and jumps in to help each other.
Specifically, we are looking for you to:
- Evangelize and represent Cloudflare with GSI partners through technical thought leadership and expertise on Cloudflare solutions
- Build and maintain long term technical relationships with our partners to increase Cloudflare’s reputation and authority within the partner solution portfolio through demonstrating value, enablement, and uncovering new areas of potential revenue
- Drive technical solution design conversations and guide partners through use case qualification and collaborative technical wins through demonstrations and proofs-of-concepts
- Engage with GSI partners to qualify opportunities, define Scope of Work for GSI service offerings, and design reference architectures incorporating Cloudflare solutions
- Be the voice of GSI partners internally at Cloudflare, engaging with and influencing Cloudflare’s Product and Engineering teams to meet your partner and customer needs
- Travel occasionally throughout the quarter to support partner engagements, attend conferences and industry events, and to collaborate with your Cloudflare teammates
- Be flexible in this global role. Meetings supporting time zones around the world will occasionally occur early and late in the work day. While this is not a regular occurrence, flexibility will be required.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Deep experience with any of the core industry components of Cloudflare solutions (and passion to learn more):
- Internet security technologies including DDoS and DDoS mitigation, Firewalls, TLS, VPN, DLP
- Networking technologies including TCP, UDP, DNS, IPv4 + IPv6, BGP routing, GRE, SD-WAN, MPLS, Global Traffic Management
- HTTP technologies including reverse proxy (e.g., WAF and CDN), forward proxy (secure web gateway), serverless application development
- SASE concepts and Zero Trust Networking architectures
- Detailed understanding of workflow from user to application including hybrid architectures with Azure, AWS, GCP
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
188.8.131.52: We released 184.108.40.206 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.