At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
Emerging Technologies & Incubation (ETI) is where new and bold products are built and released within Cloudflare. Rather than being constrained by the structures which make Cloudflare a massively successful business, we are able to leverage them to deliver entirely new tools and products to our customers.
About the team
Cloudflare Zaraz is a third-party manager that makes websites faster by changing the way tools such as analytics, marketing tech, advertising, widgets, and more are loaded. It is a complete solution to implementing, monitoring, and managing an entire third-party stack. Recently acquired by Cloudflare, the team maintains a startup-like agility with all the perks and securities of a stable company.
Who are you?
- You are seeking an opportunity to take part in the early-stages of the product, as part of the core team. Building the product from ideation to production excites you and doesn’t scare you!
- You aspire to build technology that will be used by top internet companies around the world, changing the way engineering teams work everywhere.
- You LOVE the internet, you understand how it works, and you care about making it faster.
- You deliver, with responsibility and great outcomes. If something stands in your way, you'd do everything it takes to solve it.
- You love solving challenging technological problems. You find solutions that are innovative, not just a little better.
- You have good written communication skills. You enjoy reading and writing and you communicate clearly in English.
- Work as part of a small team on building a blazing-fast server-side application that generates custom scripts for visitors and acts as a data sink to different third party providers.
- Adapt browser-side third-party code to the Zaraz product.
- Participate in discussions about the direction the product is taking.
- Design, develop, and maintain related microservices by yourself.
- Code in collaboration, commit code early and often, iterate fast and be ready to adapt to new needs.
What you will get?
- Competitive salary and equity options. We want you to take part in the company's equity structure, our success is your success.
- Learn by working with leading internet companies around the world.
- Grow and develop your business and/or technology skills. Every one of our employees is encouraged to be constantly learning. You will get the time and space you need to acquire new skills.
Skills and Qualifications
- You have at least 2 years of hands-on experience with Node.js. You’ve played with Express.js, Webpack, Babel and Axios, and you can easily build an HTTP API server yourself.
- You thoroughly understand cookies, browser caching and the HTTP protocol. You know how HTTP methods differ from each other, and you can explain their limitations and use cases. You know concepts like load balancing and reverse proxies.
- You have built tools that integrate different APIs and you can share examples.
- You have demonstrable knowledge of either Vue or React.
- Advantage - proven experience with either of the following technologies: Web Workers API, CloudFlare Workers, AWS Lambda, EJS templating, Web Storage API, TypeScript, WebSockets.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
126.96.36.199: We released 188.8.131.52 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.