At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
As a Product Manager at Cloudflare, you are responsible for building products that improve the way that the Internet works. Product Managers at Cloudflare sit at the intersection of software development, design, and business strategy. We shape high-level product goals but also get our hands dirty. On an average day, you might pitch a concept to senior leadership, create a launch plan with marketing, work with designers to conduct user research, prototype a new feature, iterate on a spec, analyze usage data, or pair with an engineer on implementation. We have ultimate responsibility for understanding our client needs, influencing business strategy, feature specification, and working with engineering to develop our software.
About the role
This an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a significant new product effort at Cloudflare: our Real Time Communications platform.
As the Product Manager leading our Real Time Communications (RTC) platform, you’ll be leading our efforts to make it easy for developers to build real-time video, audio, messaging and multiplayer applications on Cloudflare’s edge network. You’ll be working closely with our engineering team to get our RTC platform into the hands of independent and enterprise developers alike.
You will be responsible for listening to our users, understanding the market and internet trends, defining roadmaps, and working closely with engineering, design, and developer advocacy teams to ensure the RTC platform is successful.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- 3 or more years of experience in product management or in a product-first organization
- A demonstrated understanding of video, audio, messaging and/or internet protocols at large
- The ability to work in a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Experience working alongside engineering and design teams
- Exceptional people skills and empathy for customers and co-workers alike
- Excellent command of the English language
- A high degree of attention to detail
- A deep understanding of technical subjects and the internet
- A desire to receive feedback and grow
- A university degree in software engineering, software development, computer science, a related technical field, or equivalent industry experience.
This is a self-directed role where you will be expected to own a product vision, direction, and day-to-day growth including:
- Define the product, learn from customer usage, iterate and improve
- Work alongside an engineering team to execute on the product vision
- Help contribute to crafting Cloudflare’s vision for the future of the Internet
- Play an important role in building our consumer and enterprise connectivity products and broader ecosystem
- Work directly with end-users to capture feedback and improve our products
- Collaborate with customer-facing teams, including sales and support.
- Communicate with peers, leadership, and customers
- Organize and triage features and issues
- Make decisions and own outcomes
- An understanding of the WebRTC protocol suite, and how WebRTC differs from traditional HTTP-based streaming protocols such as HLS and DASH.
- Experience with video codecs, transcoding and transmuxing across platforms, including h.264, VP9 and AV1.
- Previous experience working on developer-facing products and/or open-source projects where a great developer experience (DX) was critical to success.
- An understanding of the web and browser technologies, and/or demonstrated experience building web applications or services.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
220.127.116.11: We released 18.104.22.168 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.