At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the team
The developer community team at Cloudflare is responsible for walking a mile in the shoes of the developer building their business on the Cloudflare Workers platform, and making sure that developers in the community have a smooth journey and can accomplish their goals.
We currently have two types of roles in our developer community team: Developer Advocates, who are responsible for creating content to help developers become successful on the platform, and attract developers to it, and Community Managers, who help grow the community, and make the most out of interactions with developers.
As we grow the Workers platform, and ecosystem, we want the community team to grow with it. To help take the team to the next level, we’re looking for a team lead to help grow the team into the next stage. You will act as a voice of the developer and the team, bringing in feedback and collaborating with internal cross-functional teams across Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Support teams to ensure a top-notch developer experience. You must be a technical storyteller who educates & inspires the developer community through conversations and published content.
We are looking for someone who has spent a part of their career as a developer, and is able to empathize with the needs of the community, as well as having been in a developer advocate, or similar role, to help manage and grow the members of the team. The ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years of experience of engineering or developer relations experience, and is capable as a developer and teacher of technical content.
What you’ll be doing
- Contribute to and execute on a developer advocacy strategy for key Cloudflare developer initiatives, including Workers, Pages, etc.
- Act as a key resource for our top developers and partners and act as a subject matter expert in order to facilitate adoption of the product
- Produce and maintain developer-facing docs and training materials for our developers
- Partner with various internal teams e.g. product, engineering, and marketing to increase adoption, product usage, and community advocacy.
- Stay on top of the latest trends including the ability to spot bleeding edge topics and opportunities within the serverless, JAMstack and adjacent businesses
- Provide strategic recommendations and partner with the product and engineering team to prioritize a product roadmap
We’re looking for people who are:
- Creative, empathetic, communicative and clever
- Confident and comfortable presenting to different types of audiences, large and small
- Adept at communicating technically complicated topics simply and elegantly
- Strong hands-on developer who is comfortable with full-stack development
- Intellectually curious, with great problem-solving skills
- Experience leading a team
- You thrive in a multidisciplinary environment, and like working with many different teams
- You have strong verbal and written skills
- You’ve worked professionally in a software engineering or developer advocacy role
- Familiarity with web development languages and frontend frameworks, dev tools and the serverless ecosystem
- Experience with WebAssembly
You should include these in your application:
- Code you’re proud of
- Products or projects you’ve worked on
- Links to your blog or your profile in online communities like GitHub, Twitter, Quora, or Stack Overflow
- Languages you are fluent in, both human and tech
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
220.127.116.11: We released 18.104.22.168 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.