At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
We are looking for a thoughtful, detail-oriented Trust and Safety Platform Operations Investigator to work with our global Trust & Safety team. In this role, you will address sensitive and escalated abuse reports, compliance tasks, data privacy tasks, and Trust and Safety issues that affect our customers. This is a position where you will also gain familiarity with the inner workings of Cloudflare's technology and policies.
- Be part of a world class globally-distributed team.
- Help administer efficient and compliant handling of legal requests, including but not limited to requests for information, subpoenas, and court orders.
- Be responsible for performing operations seamlessly and timely Service-Level Agreement (SLA) delivery along with maintaining high levels of stakeholder satisfaction.
- Partner with other teams in the company, including Policy, Legal, and the Product teams to ensure our processes are carried out in a scalable fashion.
- Deal with sensitive content and emotionally charged escalations with tact and a calm demeanor.
- You may be part of the rotating weekend and off-hour coverage responsibilities.
- You have 3-5 years of anti-abuse or support escalations experience at an Internet Service Provider or hosting provider
- Demonstrate working knowledge of DNS and how the Internet works
- You’ve worked with lawyers, and legal teams on document production requests.
- You’ve interacted with law enforcement individuals and agencies.
- Experience managing sensitive content and emotionally charged escalations with tact and a calm demeanor
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have a strong anti-abuse and/or support escalation background
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Experience working with ICANN Compliance issues
- Experience with the legal considerations related to hosted material (notice & takedown).
- Familiarity with DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act), copyright, and trademark issues.
- Experience in compliance, sanctions, and similar regulatory regimes
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
126.96.36.199: We released 188.8.131.52 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.