At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
The Product team is responsible for building products that improve the way that the Internet works and fostering successful adoption of these solutions by customers of all types. Product sits at the intersection of software development, design, and business strategy. We have ultimate responsibility for understanding our client needs, influencing business strategy, feature specification, and working with engineering to develop our software.
Product Data Analysts are a key part of the Product team. We empower Cloudflare to use product data to guide business decisions. We collaborate with partners across the company to solve the most analytically challenging problems - everything from what we build to how we drive adoption. We are an intellectually curious team that is committed to improving the solutions we deliver to our customers.
About the Role
We are seeking world-class problem solvers who have a passion for data and a relentless focus on execution and delivery. As a Product Data Analyst at Cloudflare, you'll use your analytical expertise, product sense, and interpersonal skills to drive a variety of high-impact projects. You will embed directly with a product team to help launch features and drive adoption. Outside product work, you'll contribute to our sales, marketing and company data culture by sharing your learnings, partnering with others, and building new capabilities for how we can use data to guide decisions. In the process, you will develop a deep understanding of our business, our customers and our solutions, further strengthen your analytic, leadership and presentation skills and gain exposure to a wide variety of functional teams within Cloudflare.
What you’ll do
As a senior member of the growing team of Product Data Analysts your responsibilities include:
- Partner closely with product teams to deepen our understanding of the products, identify impactful opportunities, and measure success outcomes to drive customer engagement, adoption, retention, and expansion
- Define product KPIs, product adoption and consumption metrics, and answer complex questions around customer health and success metrics
- Generate data insights to influence product feature roadmap and strategy based on the potential value add and ROI
- Work with the product managers and technical teams (IT, Enginering and Business Intelligence) to develop measurement frameworks and help instrument product analytics data, early on in the product development process
- Assist Sales, Marketing and BI to define key product adoption metrics to identify and target customer acquisition, retention and expansion.
- Use data to define metrics (ex: cache-hit ratio for CDN) which BI will use to implement customer health & success scores in tools like Customer360
- Through data mining and in-depth analysis, apply and implement hypotheses and recommendations of features we should change, leading to experiments that will confirm or deny those hypotheses and ultimately improve product experience and customer sign-ups.
- Be a data champion for products and act as an interface between product, business, and technical teams in the company
- Provide analytical support for day-to-day product-related operational questions
- Help build and grow a team of Product Data Analysts
Who you are
- Passion for driving value using data and technology
- Growth-oriented & Curious - You are a critical thinker who is always looking for how things can work better.
- Self-motivated - You tackle problems head-on, seek out help when needed, and prioritize work based on impact.
- Outcome-oriented - You care about the details and hold yourself accountable to the outcome.
- Data-informed - You form perspectives and make decisions by first seeking out data and context.
- Effective communicator - You’re intentional about what you want to communicate, distill complex ideas into straightforward language, and present with confidence.
- Team-player - You empower others to succeed
- 6-8+ years of Industry experience
- Experience with large data sets and proficient in SQL.
- Experience building data visualizations (Tableau, Looker)
- Understanding of statistics and hypothesis testing (ex. Confidence Interval, Regressions, Time Series, Clustering, Factor Analysis)
- Basic A/B testing knowledge
- Experience with big data tools / languages (BigQuery, Hadoop, Hive, Spark).
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics and Amplitude
- Experience with R, Python or other coding language a plus
- Experience with a SaaS business based company is preferred
- Experience or Knowledge in Networking and Cybersecurity domain is preferred
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
126.96.36.199: We released 188.8.131.52 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.