At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
As a centralized Data & Analytics(BI) team at Cloudflare, our vision is to drive the entire company towards automated decision making and enable various teams to achieve business and product goals in a scalable manner. We have the ultimate responsibility for understanding our business and product needs at a company level, influencing business strategy and product roadmap using data and insights.
We are a diverse team of Data Engineers, Analysts, and Data Scientists and our work ranges from producing public facing company KPIs to building health & growth dashboards to discovering key drivers of our growth and cost to predicting where our next customer or growth could come from. We partner with Sales, Marketing, Product, Finance, Infrastructure, Customer Support, Engineering, and IT teams to deliver scalable solutions to drive growth with a focus on health gross margin and profit.
About the Role
We are looking to add Product Data Experts to our team. As a Product Manager at Cloudflare, you'll use your analytical expertise, product sense, and interpersonal skills to drive a variety of high-impact projects. You will embed directly with the product teams to help launch features and drive adoption. Outside product work, you'll contribute to our sales, marketing and company data culture by sharing your learnings, partnering with others, and building new capabilities for how we can use data to guide decisions. In the process, you will develop a deep understanding of our business, our customers and our solutions, further strengthen your analytic, leadership and presentation skills and gain exposure to a wide variety of functional teams within Cloudflare.
What you’ll do
- Partner closely with product managers to identify the adoption and success behaviors of the products using data and metrics to help them to ask the right business questions
- Provide thought leadership on product data instrumentation and data requirements and help capture the right level of data early on in the product requirements phase
- Apply and implement hypotheses and recommendations of features we should change, leading to experiments that will confirm or deny those hypotheses and ultimately improve product experience and customer sign-ups
- Be a data champion for products and act as an interface between product, business, and technical teams
- Assist sales and marketing teams in understanding our products better with data and help them target the right customers with the right value selling story
- Provide analytical support for day-to-day product-related operational questions
- Help build and grow a team of Product Data Experts
Who you are
- 5+ years of industry experience leading product data and analytics (preferably in SaaS companies)
- Experience or knowledge in Networking and cyber security domain is highly desirable
- Understanding of statistics and hypothesis testing (ex. Confidence Interval, Regressions, Time Series, Clustering, Factor Analysis)
- Experience working with large data sets with proficiency in SQL
- Basic experience building data visualizations (Tableau, Looker)
- Basic A/B testing and experimentation knowledge
- Experience with big data tools / languages (Big Query)
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics and Amplitude
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
188.8.131.52: We released 184.108.40.206 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.