In this role, you can expect to:
- Work on highly distributed and scalable systems
- Participate in the constant cycle of knowledge sharing and mentoring
- Manage and develop some of the biggest clusters in the world
- Research and introduce cutting-edge technologies
- Contribute to open-source
We are still a small team, well-funded, growing quickly and focused on building an extraordinary company. This is a superb opportunity to join a high-performing team and scale our high-growth network as Cloudflare’s business grows. You will build tools to constantly improve availability, performance, uptime and response times. You will nurture a passion for an “automate everything” approach that makes systems failure-resistant and ready-to-scale.
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have proven skills of designing, developing and delivering HA scalable production systems.
- You have deep knowledge of configuration management software, preferably Salt.
- You have solid experience with cluster management systems (Kubernetes, Mesos)
- You are comfortable with developing software in Go or Python
- You know how network services (DNS, TLS/SSL, HTTP) and network fundamentals (DHCP, subnetting, routing, firewalls, IPv6, BGP) work
- You have strong experience designing and managing multi-tenant database solutions (Clickhouse, PostgreSQL, CockroachDB)
- You are confident in your knowledge with load balancers (nginx, HAProxy)
Bonus points if:
- You have strong operational skills and are an expert in bash scripting
- You have practical knowledge of web and systems performance, extensively used tracing tools like ebpf and strace.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.