At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Content Marketing team
Cloudlare’s Content Marketing team researches, creates, edits, and evaluates written and video content with the goals of increasing awareness of Cloudflare, attracting web traffic, generating leads/opportunities/pipeline, and supporting sales deals. We work collaboratively with people across the marketing and sales teams to fulfill content requests and launch our own content through a variety of channels.
This role's responsibilities include:
- Working with Marketing team members to develop content ideas (e.g. ebooks, blog posts, whitepapers, case studies, infographics, video scripts, webinars)
- Conducting research (e.g. interviews, online, SEO keyword research) to inform said content
- Writing that content, along with associated assets (e.g email, social copy, ad copy)
- Co-creating visual assets with Cloudflare’s design team
- Working with campaign planners and salespeople to publish and promote the content
- Tracking and analyzing content performance
- Experimenting with new content marketing strategies
- Editing content written by other team members
- A creative marketer, with a history of creating compelling long- and short-form content for a variety of campaign channels, personas, and business needs
- An excellent writer, with a demonstrable knack for clear, concise, persuasive communication
- A thoughtful editor, with an eye for detail and a commitment to prioritizing the most impactful messages
- A persistent researcher, who is comfortable scouring the Internet, poring over keyword rankings, or collaborating with colleagues to find accurate information
- A determined project manager, who can drive content projects through fast turnarounds and multiple review rounds to ensure it not only gets written, but also gets launched into the market
- Curious about security, performance, and reliability on the Internet — and healthily skeptical about buzzwords, jargon, and flimsy business logic
- Someone with 2+ years' experience in a professional writing or content marketing role, ideally in B2B and at a company with complex/highly technical products
- Experience with content management systems (e.g. Contentful, Wordpress, Drupal), marketing platforms (e.g. Marketo, Salesforce, Hubspot), and/or keyword research tools (e.g. Conductor) is nice, but not a requirement
- A brief cover letter, answering the question “What interests you about Cloudflare?”
- Two writing samples of 500 words or more. Something from your portfolio is fine—you don’t have to write something new. These samples should consist of:
- One piece that educates readers on a topic
- One piece that persuades readers about a certain point of view
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.