The Path Forward Returnship program at Cloudflare is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Cloudflare we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
About The Role
In this role, you will be focused on the build out and expansion of our global network. You'll work closely with Cloudflare’s SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) team, and with various vendors and partners (including hardware vendors, datacenter and network providers, and ISPs) to help maintain and improve our global infrastructure, and to plan and aggressively execute on the expansion of our network. During the program, you will work with the team to help develop and implement consistent processes and visibility measurements for consistent and effective management of our infrastructure. This is a highly visible team that requires deep technical understanding of datacenter infrastructure, networking (physical), and basic experience with data analysis and project management.
Who You Are:
- Tech-savvy with a passion and aptitude to learn new and complex technologies
- A great communicator who can keep relevant stakeholders updated through both technical and nontechnical language
- A problem-solver who doesn’t let bumps in the road discourage you from moving forward.
- Organized and enjoys the bustle of being busy with multiple projects at a given time
- Confident enough to say when you may need help/able to identify when you don’t know something.
- Relationship builder who can bring people together and find common ground across different time zones and cultures
What you get to do in this role:
- You will have the opportunity to (literally) build a faster, safer Internet for our millions of users and the billions of web surfers that visit their sites each month.
- Collaborate with internal teams (infrastructure, network engineering and SRE).Help create documentation and manage remote contractors to complete datacenter installations and upgrades, including hardware manufacturers, datacenter and network providers, logistics partners and other service providers in support of our 120 and growing datacenter locations
- With the team, build rack elevations, and work with remote contractors to rack and cable infrastructure globally
- Assist in coordination and installation of cross-connects globally in support of physical network expansion
- Assist with the definition, documentation and implementation of consistent processes across all regions
- Aggressively seek opportunities to introduce cutting-edge technology and automation solutions that are effective, efficient and scalable in order to improve our ability to deploy and maintain our global infrastructure
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Direct experience executing on datacenter / infrastructure projects with many moving parts.
- Previous experience installing / maintaining datacenter (and other IT) infrastructure and DCIM tools.
- Experience running and improving operational processes in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to manage MS excel and Google spreadsheets
- Bachelor’s degree; technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus.
- Comfortable handling basic program management responsibilities (prioritization, planning, scheduling, status reporting) such as JIRA
- Experience managing remote contractors
- Multi-lingual; experience working with infrastructure in multiple countries
- Ability to write scripts for internal tool
You Can Expect:
- Mentorship, training and support throughout the program
- The chance to build upon your previous skills and learn new things at a growing company
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.