At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
Cloudflare’s Enterprise Engineering Team builds and runs software and systems that make Cloudflare run more efficiently and enable our customers and partners to do business with us. Enterprise Engineering is part of the CIO organization.
What you'll do
You will lead a team of passionate, talented engineers that are building innovative solutions, integrations and systems that allow Cloudflare to scale efficiently, process more transactions reliably and grow our channels. You will play an active part in shaping product strategy, how we launch products and our billing and commercial models based on what’s technically possible. You will make sure our company hits our ambitious goals from a systems perspective.
You bring a passion for meeting business needs with building technically innovative solutions, and excel at shifting between the two—understanding how big-picture goals inform technical details, and vice-versa. You thrive in a fast-paced iterative engineering environment and have experience delivering scalable distributed systems integrated with commercial systems and products. Most importantly, you will have a track record of having past teams respect you as both a technical leader and manager.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Proven track record of successfully shipping software-as-a-service products at scale to demanding customers
- Strong record of working collaboratively with stakeholders in peer functions product management, product engineering, sales and support
- 7+ years experience building and managing large engineering teams in a high-growth environment.
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in algorithms, data structures, software design, and building large, distributed systems
- Excel at planning, creating teams and overseeing execution to meet commitments and deliver with predictability
- Demonstrate a track record of managing a team including hiring, on-boarding, and professional development. You inspire your team to reach higher. You’re as good as explaining “why” as you are “how”
- Experience implementing tools, process, internal instrumentation, methodologies and resolving blockages
- Comfortable managing teams/projects with tight deadlines and short release cycles
- Familiarity working with commercial models, subscription and billing systems, and channel enablement
- Familiarity building services in the cloud, particularly GCP and Azure
- Familiarity working on tooling for internal stakeholders and teams
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.